Pou Hihiko - Emergency Housing
Hamilton Abuse Intervention Project (HAIP)
- Make a real difference in the community and the lives of others.
- Build your career in the social sector
- Come and learn from an energised team
Our client has a vision for whānau and families achieving their potential free from violence and abuse. To do this they provide short term emergency housing for Perpetrators of Domestic Violence.
Located at our Emergency House in Hamilton, you’d be a pivotal part of this organisation. The person in this role is responsible for providing in-depth assessment of clients, planning quality interventions and service co-ordination of wrap around services to whānau at the house whilst being a pillar of strength to inspire change and promote wellness.
The successful person would ensure that each client/resident:
- Has a plan in place to keep them safe
- Knows and is encouraged to access ongoing support
- Their journey with the organisation is well coordinated
As part of this you’ll need to maintain and manage accommodation facilities, follow due processes and think on your feet. You wouldn’t be alone, you'd be joining a collaborative team that support each other.
Ideally, you’ll have experience and knowledge in a kaupapa Māori working environment. Previous work experience in a social service setting, housing sector or security background would be hugely useful. Likewise, a tertiary qualification would allow you to hit the ground running and provide a caring and supportive service to our clients.
You will also possess the following key skills and attributes:
- High degree of initiative
- Proven confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Bicultural practice or cultural competency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other applications
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, whānau and community groups
In addition, you will have a demonstrated passion for working with whānau needing support to be free from violence and abuse.
This role is offered for a 12 month period in line with current funding availability.
If this sounds like you, apply today!