Accountant / Kaitiaki Putea
Nursing Council of New Zealand
Te Kaunihera Tapuhi o Aotearoa (The Nursing Council of New Zealand) is a well-respected organisation, both nationally and internationally. The Council is responsible for the regulation of nurses with the primary focus of protecting the public by ensuring that nurses are competent and fit to practise.
The team are passionate, committed and take pride in the work they do. We enjoy coming to work every day because we get to work with great people and make a difference with the work we do.
We are values driven and hold these close to our hearts. Our values are:
Whakahoatanga tikanga rua - we honour our bi-cultural partnership by being culturally competent at the Nursing Council
Mahi ngātahi ā mana - we work collaboratively and with integrity by respecting each other and the nursing profession
Whai haepapa, whai tika - we are an accountable, effective and efficient Nursing Council
Arataki, ako, whakapai ake - we lead, learn and improve at all levels of the Nursing Council
Wairua tōkeke hauora- we set standards, codes of practice including cultural safety expectations that contribute to improved health equity for Māori
About the role
The Accountant is a pivotal part of our finance team. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this role is responsible for providing effective financial management services with a focus on impeccable customer service. Day to day, this role is responsible for:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts
- Managing a portfolio of Regulatory Authorities and providing a high level of customer service to each
- Preparing and checking fortnightly payroll
- Providing regular and ad hoc reporting
- Assisting with annual audits
- Help with the preparation of our yearly Budgets
- Contributing to the wider organisation by embodying our values
You will have solid experience in providing financial services and accounting, with strong customer service skills. You may be trained in accounting or have learnt your skills on the job. This role needs someone who has:
- Previous experience in management accounting
- Hands-on payroll experience
- Experience running month end processes
- Understanding of budget creation and processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Experience with, and the ability to quickly learn new financial accounting software
- An analytical approach with strong problem-solving skills
You will have a natural openness to, and respect for, the value of diversity in others.
You have an inquisitive mind and willingness to learn. You bring an accurate approach to your accounting responsibilities and will be able to pick up new processes quickly.
We have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If this role sounds like you then apply now with your CV and a cover letter telling us what makes you right for this role. If you have any questions, or would like to chat before applying, please contact Tracey Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs as we go so apply now!