Social Work Resource Assistant
Social Work Resource Assistant - Transition, National Contact Centre - Grey Lynn, Auckland
18-month Fixed Term opportunity
Do you have strong organisational skills, good attention to detail and draw on your problem-solving ability to find solutions to challenges within tight deadline? If you think you have what it takes and are totally committed to doing what's right for young people, then we'd love to hear from you today!
What you will do?
The Transition Advice and Assistance team at the National Contact Centre is a first point of contact for requests for transition support: supporting young people to understand their entitlements, be connected to the services and supports available to them, provide financial assistance where appropriate and to put them in touch with face-to-face support should they require it. Be part of a busy team who are fully committed to providing a high level of support to our young people as they leave care and transition to adulthood.
As the Transition team Social Work Resource Assistant, you will work within a team of Transition Advisors, under the supervision and guidance of a Team Leader. You will be responsible for a broad range of administrative and resource support work, which may include: information gathering and recording, entering and matching data and inputting into our systems, assist Transition Advisors with managing client financial plans and payments, and supporting the team to meet quality assurance and reporting requirements.
What you will bring?
- Confident communicator both verbally and written
- Previous experience in administration or customer service role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and high level of competence in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with people of varying levels
- Effective organisational, planning and time management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated personality
- Fast learner with a can do attitude
- Be able to set the example for the organisation in regards to the values we have
- Professionalism, empathy and cultural awareness
- The ability to build good, effective relationships
- Typing speed of 40+ words per minute
What's on offer?
- Development and progression throughout the organisation
- Challenging work which is fast paced, varied and rewarding
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Full training
Who are we?
The Ministry for Children - Oranga Tamariki is a Ministry that supports children and young people in New Zealand. Oranga Tamariki works to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of children and young people. In everything we do, the wellbeing and best-interests of tamariki are paramount. The voices of children and young people underpin the design and operation of our services. We express this through our values and behaviours.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications close on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-work-resource-assistant-pd.pdf