Team Leader Transition
Team Leader Transition - National Contact Centre, Auckland
18-month fixed-term opportunity
Are you ready for your next challenge in a leadership role? If you want to lead a team of professionals who are passionate about what they do, we welcome your application.
What you will do?
This newly created position works within the National Contact Centre Transition Advice and Assistance team and is responsible for developing and managing Transition Advisors to a high standard of capability and performance. You will lead and support the team to exercise professional expertise, decision-making, and judgement in order to ensure best practice advice and support.
You will identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities across the areas of people, process, policy and technology and evidence through key performance metrics and data.
You will work with Practice Leaders to identify key areas of practice development and ensure the team meets appropriate practice standards.
What you will bring?
- A Social Work qualification recognised by the New Zealand Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB) or full SWRB registration and current annual practising certificate
- Successful previous experience in employee management, supervisory, leadership or management roles including motivating people for improved performance
- Experience working with rangatahi and young adults
- Significant social sector experience, relevant to the work of Transition Advisors
- Demonstrated knowledge of individual, peer and group models of professional supervision and experience in the application of these models
- Experience working in crisis and conflict resolution
- Successful management of risk in critical situations
- Proven experience in supporting staff in the complex and sometimes difficult role they undertake
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaborative peer and other stakeholder relationships
- A sound knowledge of relevant legislation
What's on offer?
- A salary range between $70,361.63 - $98,919.80
- An opportunity to be a role model for Oranga Tamariki, the National Contact Centre and the Transition Support Services mission, vision and values
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who we are?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, we're on a journey to ensure that it happens.
About the team
The National Contact Centre is a first point of contact for requests for transition support where the delivery of services and support would be through a variety of channels, including calls, electronic response (email, text, live chat) and social media. They will work in collaboration with other transition professionals to help produce effective outcomes for young people.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/transition-team-leader-ncc.pdf