Kaiako – He Pī ka Pao (Level 1 & 2)
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Part time (12.5 hrs per week)
Fixed term until 20 December 2020
If you are seeking a career change and want to be part of an organisation that is committed to whānau transformation through education, then this may be the position for you. We invite applications from passionate and energetic individuals to deliver our Te Ara Reo Māori programmes.
Applicants should be confident speakers of Te Reo Māori, have a thorough knowledge of tikanga Māori and be familiar with te reo Māori teaching methods which will enthuse our students.
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has embraced the demands and challenges that Covid-19 has presented.
We have been delivering our online programmes with confidence due to the high level of skill and dedication of our kaiako. Therefore, we need someone who is computer savvy, determined, highly skilled to teach our tauira using our online systems, and can transition smoothly into our organisation.
You will have access to our awesome support networks - management, student support, and IT to name a few. These services will assist you to support our tauira to thrive in their transformational, educational learning journeys.
Applicants will have a minimum of:
- Diploma in Te Reo (Level 5) or Mātauranga Māori (or similar)
- NZ Certificate in Adult Tertiary Teaching (Level 5) or equivalent
- Either attest equivalence for NZQA standards required to assess and moderate this programme OR hold the NZ Certificate in Assessment Practice (Level 4)
- NZ Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Level 5)
- A full clean driver’s licence
- Available to work evenings and weekends
To apply for this position please register and apply on our jobs site
Enquiries to 027 612 4498 or email@example.com
Closes: 4 July 2020