20/195 Senior Policy Analyst and Policy Analyst - Digital Public Service Policy
Department of Internal Affairs
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Policy
Branch: Policy, Regulation and Communities
Salary: Senior Policy Analyst $91,285-$123,502, Policy Analyst $64,486-$87,245
Digital Public Service Policy - Senior Policy Analyst and Analysts
The Department of Internal Affairs’ Policy Group is going through an exciting period of growth. We are looking for Senior Policy Analysts and Analysts that want to be at the leading edge of some of New Zealand’s critical Digital Public Service policy work and be a part of an Award-Winning Policy Group.
You will be a part of the team responsible for the development of a modern public service and systems which will meet the needs of people in a modern, changing world – making it easier for people to have seamless access to the government services they want and need.
As a Senior Policy Analyst/ Analyst you will provide:
- Strategic policy advice and analysis relating to the transformation of the Digital Public Service in New Zealand
- Leadership in tackling an issue, researching, developing proposals and providing advice on digital policy
- Mentoring and coaching to other Policy Group staff
You will have:
- Tertiary qualified with a degree in policy, economics, science, commerce or other relevant fields (e.g. research)
- Excellent communication, research, and analytical skills will assist you in making a valuable contribution to the team
- Critical thinking skills and have the ability to work with ambiguity
- Experience in developing policy, research and processes in a digital policy space will be an advantage
What you’ll get in return
- You will join a team striving to improve systems and outcomes for New Zealanders
- An opportunity to apply your analytical, research and writing skills to provide advice to Ministers and senior leaders in the public sector
- Family-friendly, flexible, modern work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access. We are happy to consider offering part time roles.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Policy group where your efforts will be recognised, and your professional development planned and supported.
If you’re passionate about producing high quality work, self-motivated and keen to work in a supportive, engaging and committed team, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 6 July 2020
For more information please contact: Michael Woodside, 021 242 2021, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here for Senior Policy Analyst, click here for Policy Analyst. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.