Senior Communications Advisor
Wairarapa Moana Incorporation
REPORTS TO: Manager, Wairarapa Moana Incorporation, Masterton
POSITION: Contract, Part Time
Wairarapa Moana Incorporation and Trust represent shareholders and descendants of the original owners of Wairarapa Moana; and
- are recognised for our excellence in farming practices, profitability and sustainable management of our whenua
- leads the development of our future leaders; and supports our whānau and marae to be strong and confident in their culture, heritage and identity as descendants of Wairarapa Moana tīpuna
Our Vision is ‘to nurture our people, our place, our future’ within a philosophy of Kaitiakitanga with values of: tika / integrity; whānaungatanga / communication; rangatiratanga / courage; wānanga / knowledge; and kotahitanga / working together.
As Senior Communications Advisor you will be working with Wairarapa Moana Incorporation and Wairarapa Moana Trust to tell our story, simply and creatively, to the world and to ensure our shareholders and whānau are up to date with our business and activities. This is an opportunity to work with a team who are committed to an innovative inter-generational Māori business.
As Senior Communications Advisor, you will work with Wairarapa Moana Incorporation and Wairarapa Moana Trust to:
- Develop and implement strategic communications that support the direction of the organisation
- Update our existing communications channels, where appropriate
- Develop, build and grow new digital channels and social media platforms
- Initiate, promote and support effective internal communication practices
- Lead the content development, layout and production of our newsletters, pānui, website, digital channels and social media platforms
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships within the organisations, including our shareholders and whānau
- Deliver all communication activities around key events, initiatives including sponsorship opportunities
- Manage media relations including press releases and media statements
- Agree a communication policy, work plan, key deliverables and timelines
- Prepare reports and presentations on communication activities as requested
To be considered for the Senior Communications Advisor role the ideal person will need to demonstrate:
- An ability to implement communication strategies
- Excellent content development skills and experience, including experience in working innovatively to deliver information and stories using media, digital channels and social media platforms
- An ability to write, concisely and succinctly
- An ability to research, and ensure information is correct and informative
- An ability to develop quality assurance processes
- An ability to prioritise work, manage risk and deliver in a timely manner
- Experience as a great communicator, self-starter and creative problem-solver, who is able to communicate internally new developments and deliver these in a way that is simple and understandable and helps build our knowledge and capability in working in the digital space
- A relevant qualification in communications and journalism or experience in communication roles
- Te Reo Māori skills and experience in working in a kaupapa Māori environment
- An ability to build and maintain working relationships
Email your cover letter and current CV to Charmaine Kawana at email@example.com If you have questions regarding the position, please call Charmaine on 06 370 2608.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 10th July 2020.