Kaitohu Tuakana - Senior Business Partner, Communications
Ministry of Education
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
The communications team is critical to the Ministry. We lead communications and engagement around important changes to New Zealand education. We lead all engagement with the media, and manage all the Ministry's internal and external communications channels, publications, branding and communications design. This is an exciting, fast paced and dynamic working environment and we have a great team focused on putting ākonga/students at the centre of all we do.
About this role
This role of Kaitohu Tuakana - Senior Business Partner, Communications Accounts provides account management, integrated communications services and trusted expertise to business groups, supporting them to provide excellent and equitable outcomes to New Zealanders.
Our work is exciting, interesting, and worthwhile. Key accountabilities of the position include:
- Acting as a trusted advisor, business partner and influencer to business group leaders to ensure communication strategies are effective and risks and opportunities are well managed.
- Ensuring media responses are positive, timely and coordinated across the business. This may include some out of hours work, which would be negotiated and agreed.
- Providing integrated communications expertise and account management services for specific parts of the Ministry.
- Identifying opportunities for the Ministry to build its reputation, and leading a proactive approach to good news stories.
- Working in partnership with Māori to incorporate Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership principles into Ministry communications, strategies and channels.
- Supporting innovation and continuous improvement across the team.
We are looking for a Senior Business Partner with strong media experience and excellent communications skills.
You will be able to work positively across the Ministry and the Communications group, with a purposeful and innovative approach. You will bring a knowledgeable, calm, positive and proactive approach to stakeholder engagement.
You will also offer:
- experience working in a communications role in a large and complex organisation
- experience in a range of communications roles
- the ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online' button.
For further information, please contact Janet Bache at email@example.com or +64 4 4637689.
Applications close on 6 July 2020.