Waikato Institute of Technology
Are you a Trade Qualified Electrician looking for a change and want to have a hand in preparing the future work force?
As an Electrical Trades Tutor, you’ll help our Level 3 and Level 4 students complete their programme of study and assist with completing their apprenticeship training, using your professional skills, industry experience and teaching practice.
About the role
We are excited to appoint this permanent position within our team, focusing on delivery of our New Zealand Certificate in Electrical Engineering Level 3 (Pre-Apprenticeship), and Industry contracted courses.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Course delivery and assessment, so solid experience in this area will be crucial for success
- Broad industry experience
- Have a strong commitment to growing the next generation of electrical tradespeople
- Can demonstrate a solution focused attitude
- Work and mentor young trainees of today
- Be flexible to cope with student demands, while maintaining our student and business needs
If this all sounds like you then our team may be the place for you.
Are you an ideal candidate?
To be successful in this position, you must have;
- A qualification of either New Zealand/National Certificate or Trade Certificate in Electrical or equivalent is required
- Current Electrical Registration with the EWRB
- Electrical Inspectors registration and practicing licence is preferable but not necessary
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the electrical trade
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and the future. That means we provide opportunities not just for our students, but for our teaching staff as well. You’ll broaden your professional networks through our industry-connected staff and be supported to keep your own career skills up-to-date.