Registered Health Professionals
Mental Health & Addictions
Lifewise Mental Health & Addictions is a 17 bed supported accommodation residential service that has been based in Rotorua for over 15yrs formally known as Bainbridge. The service is an embedded supported accommodation provider that provides 24/7 care to people experiencing distress and addiction issues.
The therapeutic environment ensures safety for all people in care with a diverse workforce that is guided by sound clinical leadership. The heart of the practice is people and Lifewise has a proven track record of Peer and Lived experience at all levels of leadership to ensure our work is authentic. Working under the principals of Te Ara Tauwhirotanga (the pathway to kindness, Lakes DHB) each of the three concepts (Tangata, Taiao and Tikanga) must be represented in the Lifewise provision of care. The team has been innovating with this model and deliver via daily onsite activity programmes.
The Mental Health & Addictions service is a national winner of workforce innovation, a proud community team underpinned by the Lifewise Way, Turning Lives around.
WHO YOU REPORT TO:
You will be employed by Lifewise and report to the Service Leader of Lifewise Mental Health & Addictions services
WHAT YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Intake / Admissions
- Service Planning & Navigation
- Clinical Handover
- Discharge, Transfer & Exit Planning
- Medication Management
- Clinical Subject Matter
- Monthly Reports
- Co-ordination Meetings
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Excellent relationship and communication skills (verbal, written and computer literacy)
- Knowledge of tikanga me te reo Māori and experience working within a kaupapa Māori service preferred
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with mental health issues, addictions, cognitive impairments and physical health concerns
- Have significant experience in working alongside people with mental health issues, substance abuse and/or trauma
- Qualification in a clinical or community specialty (i.e. social work, nursing, psychology, psychiatry, occupational therapy, counselling, social sciences, law, and or community development)
- At least 2 years clinical experience with proven leadership in the Mental Health & Addictions sector
- Current Annual Practising Certificate as per discipline
- Motor Vehicle Drivers’ License, Class 1
If you need more information about the role, kindly send an email to Haehaetu Barrett, Regional Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only be posting this role for a limited time, so please apply through this link before it’s gone: https://lifewise.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=94