Physiotherapist - Whangarei (Community and Vocational Services)
TBI Health was created with a simple idea: to help people with pain, illness, or injury. TBI Health has come a long way since it began its journey in 2001, from 2016 we partnered with Southern Cross & together we are passionate about ensuring our clients get the right help, at the right time, to get them back on track & living meaningful lives.
We are known to offer an attractive work environment to support staff wellbeing and growth. Our current focus is to continue our work on introducing new services for our staff to become involved in and ultimately, help enhance their careers.
It is also important to TBI Health to continue having an equity focused workplace culture where staff feel supported, enriched, & valued. As a NZ owned company, we position ourselves as a Te Tiriti partner and have an ongoing commitment to health equity for Māori. Join us on this transformational journey of delivering tailored and quality healthcare service which meets the needs of our diverse Aotearoa.
About the Whangarei team
Join our close-knit, fun, and laidback team at Whangarei clinic who are extremely passionate about healthcare! We have NEW clinic which has access to excellent rehab facilities and is within easy walking distance to cafes and shops. Our company provides flexibility in work location, covering the greater Northland region with plans to expand into areas as far as Kerikeri and south Managawhai. This means you have the luxury to work at a location that suits your needs.
If you’d like to be part of a company that lives by its values and cares for its people and clients, then look no further!
About the (mahi) role
Join a leading rehabilitation organisation and the Whangarei team of energetic clinicians, with a passion for helping others and making a difference in people’s rehabilitation journey.
Our clinic was established in March 2022 to give the Whangarei community a Multi-Disciplinary Team and excellent service in rehabilitation, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Physiotherapist to join our rapidly growing team.
The role sits within the Whangarei Team and provides Vocational and Community Services within the Greater Northland region.
We work with a large range of funders nationwide, providing a wide variety of workplace services ranging from prevention initiatives for groups or individuals, early intervention services through to return to work services, and have fun doing it! With such a variety of services available we can allow you to play to your strengths! The role offers some flexibility with work location including the clinics, worksites and the opportunity to work from home to complete administrative tasks.
In this role you will be supported by the Team Leader and report to the Whangarei clinic manager.
If you enjoy dealing with people, have excellent communication, and organisational skills, this could be the role for you. A positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and be part of a busy clinic are all must haves. Knowledge of ACC and accredited employer policies is desirable but not essential as comprehensive training will be provided
The role will include:
- Completing workplace assessments for return to work following illness or injury.
- Providing patient education, training, treatment, and rehabilitation in a variety of community and workplace settings.
- Liaise with external partners such as specialists, GP's, and employers to ensure smooth rehabilitation for the client
- A varied caseload of ACC contracts, early intervention and private vocational services.
- Providing in-home assessments to identify injured clients' needs and options to address these needs
- Providing in-home intervention/rehabilitation for injured clients
At our company, we place great importance on cultural awareness and value a diverse workforce. Our well established Hauroa Connect division offers the opportunity to become a Kaimahi for Northland, helping to establish Māori pathways in the region. We welcome individuals who are passionate about contributing to the cultural diversity of our team and making a positive impact in the community.
The applicant requires a minimum of 2-3 years clinical experience. A post-graduate qualification in the occupational health/vocational rehabilitation field would be an advantage to the applicant however not essential.
Substantial orientation, training, and support will be provided.
To be successful in this role you will be someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in the area of Vocational and Community Services
- Has a current practicing certificate to work in New Zealand, Professional Body Membership, Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Has a Current full clean driver’s license
- Ability to manage your time and workload efficiently
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Thrive in a high-performing and results-focused environment
- An ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Proven skills in communicating effectively with clients and achieving desired outcomes
- Proficient in the use of Te Reo Māori would be desirable.
- Bachelor's degree or above qualification
Benefits of joining TBI Health
Our team is like a Whānau! We have an experienced interdisciplinary team with a vision of growth within the Northland region. We are looking for a physiotherapist or occupational therapist to join our team to ensure we continue to provide a comprehensive rehabilitation solution for our clients.
For your shared passion and commitment to TBI Health and its goals, we have the following on offer for you:
- Competitive Salary + Bonuses
- Subsidised health insurance through Southern Cross (must be employed for 20 or more hours to qualify)
- Comprehensive internal training programmes available to help you grow and develop your career!
- Inclusive culture which embraces and celebrates the diversity of its people
- Attend several training sessions during the year focused on teaching how to incorporate Māori tikanga in your role appropriately
- Annual contribution to career development which can be used to attend conferences and continue post-graduate studies
- Due to our size and spread, there are opportunities for career progression either locally or to other areas in NZ
- Ability to earn for results achieved on top of base salary in form of KPI-based monthly bonuses
- You will be provided with a laptop, mobile phone, and car for work use
- Birthday Leave (must be employed for 20 or more hours to qualify)
- Wellbeing allowance currently valued at $250 if your employed for 20 or more per week or $100 for employees who work under 20 hours per week
How to apply
Applications close 5th March 2024.
Please include a covering letter with your application. All correspondence will be kept strictly confidential. All applications must be submitted via the online process. Applications received directly via email will not be considered for shortlisting.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates who meet the skills and qualifications criteria for the advertised role. Should you be successful in your application, we will contact you to organise an interview. At that time, you will have the opportunity to inform us of any cultural or any other diversity needs you may have so we can support you appropriately during the interview process.
Please note: We will screen applications and invite suitable applicants for interviews before the advertised closing date. It is, therefore, likely that we may fill the role before the closing date. So, if you feel that our job advert is that unique work opportunity you have been looking for, please contact us as soon as possible to express interest in the role.