Mō mātou - About us
Tōnui Ake Nei - Thriving Aotearoa is our vision for a future where we work together so that all people and their communities can live the lives they value. Our Finance team sits within our Corporate and Finance group, which works to enable the organisation through the provision of strategic and operational advice and support across ACC.
We have an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our Finance team on a permanent basis.
Mō tenei tūrana mahi - About this role
The Financial Accountant is responsible for supporting the financial accounting team in the provision of accurate financial and management information. Our team covers monthly management reporting, statutory reporting, reporting by Account, tax compliance, financial controls, reconciliations, and fixed assets management. The team strives in the provision of high quality, effective and timely financial accounting services across ACC.
This is a Wellington based role.
Ko wai koe - About you
We'll be looking for the following:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or equivalent
- A CA ANZ Chartered Accountant membership or equivalent
- Previous experience in a large finance function, working with ERP systems
- A firm grasp of tax compliance
- An interest in continuous improvement and refining of accounting policies, processes, and procedures
- Good communication across a range of stakeholders
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, be flexible and meet deadlines
- A good eye for detail and accuracy
We are a diverse, unique, and interesting organisation with plenty of challenge and variety. We can offer experience in areas that you may not have come across before. With a relatively new organisational strategy, Huakina Te Rā (see more about that here), and several projects underway and ahead, there is plenty to get involved with.
Mō ACC - Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
The base salary range for this role is $85,037 to $120,052 with appointment depending on skills and experience and internal relativities. ACC also offers 9% superannuation.
For a detailed position description, please click here.
Rā Whakakapi - Applications close
Applications close at 9am Friday, 23 February 2024.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Careers Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you would like further information, please contact Anita.Jones@acc.co.nz