Associate Director - Massey Events and Sponsorship
Students and Global Engagement
Auckland / Wellington / Palmerston North
About Massey University
Massey University is New Zealand's leading university in agriculture, food, and animal science, with a commitment to excellence in education, research, and engagement. We are dedicated to providing our students with a world-class learning experience while making significant contributions to society through innovation and collaboration.
Massey University is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as Associate Director of Massey Events and Sponsorship located at one of our three beautiful Campuses. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the planning, execution, and management of events and sponsorship activities across the university campuses, with a primary focus on staff management and people leadership.
Future student events such as Open Days and Experience days, Orientation, Graduation, New Zealand Food Awards, Alumni Events, Building and facility openings, Vice-Chancellor or Council led events.
- Lead and manage a team of event and sponsorship coordinators and specialists, providing guidance, support, and mentorship to ensure the successful delivery of events and sponsorship initiatives
- Develop and implement strategic plans for Massey University events and sponsorship activities, aligning with the university's goals and objectives
- Oversee the planning and execution of a diverse range of events, including recruitment events, national awards, graduations, orientations, and special events, ensuring they are delivered to a high standard and within budget
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including academic departments, administrative units, and student organisations, to identify opportunities for collaboration and sponsorship
- Collaborate with external partners, sponsors, and vendors to secure funding and support for university events and initiatives, negotiating contracts and agreements as needed
- Evaluate the success of events and sponsorship activities through the collection and analysis of data and feedback, identifying areas for improvement and implementing strategies for enhancement
- Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in event management and sponsorship to ensure Massey University remains at the forefront of innovation
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, event management, communications or public relations, or a related field; masters degree in a relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in event management, sponsorship, or related fields, with demonstrated experience in staff management and people leadership roles
- Proven track record of successfully planning and executing large-scale events and sponsorship initiatives, preferably within a higher education or corporate setting
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Competency or willingness to actively undertake personal development in Te Reo Māori, Tikanga and Te Tiriti principles
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in event management software and Microsoft Office Suite
In addition to a competitive salary, Massey also offers the following:
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- Access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities for dependents of staff on our Manawatū and Auckland campuses
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes
How to apply
To apply for the position of Associate Director, Massey Events and Sponsorship, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents through the Massey University careers portal.
Closing date: 25 February 2024
Reference number: SGE_ES_1101_12/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz