Tūpuna Maunga Authority
A natural communicator who champions partnership with the Community, Whaanau, Hapu and Ropū? – Here’s your opportunity to trade the office for the Maunga.
- Auckland Central Location – Discounted activities and destinations across Tamaki Makaurau
- Flexible working arrangements + Community Day + Oranga Day leave
- A whanau environment + Learning and development opportunities
Ko wai mātou? – Who are we?
The Tūpuna Maunga Authority is an independent co-governance entity that looks after ngā Tūpuna Maunga o Tāmaki Makaurau – the ancestral mountains (volcanic cones) of Auckland.
The Tūpuna Maunga Authority was formed out of an historic Treaty of Waitangi Settlement that saw ownership of the Tūpuna Maunga return to Ngā Mana Whenua o Tāmaki Makaurau. The Tūpuna Maunga Team carry out routine management on behalf of the Auckland Council under the direction of the Tūpuna Maunga Authority
Mō te tūranga – About the role
As the Field Officer – Tūpuna Maunga – you’ll be the on-ground support pillar for the Customer and Community Services Team. Establishing a visible presence to the community on the Maunga and supporting the Manager Tūpuna Maunga and Operations Adviser to manage manuhiri/visitors and the provision of maintenance services.
In this role you will be:
- Responding to enquiries from Manuhiri/visitors regarding maintenance services for the Tūpuna Maunga
- Proactively seeking to ensure the Maunga are safe and all facilities are operating smoothly
- Supporting the Tūpuna Maunga manager to enhance cultural capability and Mana Whenua with cultural activities on the Maunga
- Communicating respectfully with stakeholders and maintaining positive relationships
- Creating and cultivating a visible presence on the Maunga – providing advice and support to the Kaiwhakahaere Tūpuna Maunga to look after archaeological sites, wahi tapū and sites of cultural significance
- Passionately championing the values of the Tupuna Maunga Authority
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
- Discounts on wellness, fitness, insurance and activities and destinations across Tamaki Makaurau
- A whanau environment – be supported by a positive team, not shy about celebrating each other’s wins
- Paid parental leave, study leave and Oranga Day – one days leave that is entirely up to you
- The opportunity to work within the Tūpuna Maunga Team – Sharing your passion to protect and manage the Tupuna Maunga
- A flexible working environment, Community/Team Day and EAP
He kōrero mōu: About you
- A compassionate nature with strong interpersonal skills – possessing the ability to interpret cultural values in a positive manner.
- Values a collaborative team environment, actively striving to work with and contribute positively within and across teams.
- High energy level with a bias for action – not one to step away from a challenge or working on the Maunga
- Passionate about collaboration within the Community including Whanau, Hapu and Ropū networks
- Keen eye for detail – dedicated to providing and maintaining a high standard quality of service
- A qualification in parks and recreation management, Māori land management and/or partnership and relationship management and the ability to speak Te Reo Māori is seen as desirable
Interested in finding out more or want to apply? Send you cover letter and CV to email@example.com or call 09 632 1108 for confidential discussion.