Senior Enterprise Architect
Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
The work we do in the MSD Enterprise Architecture team helps to enable our people and our partners to deliver critical social services to New Zealanders. With the demand for significant transformation over the next decade, and a newly refreshed Technology Strategy, we’re looking to expand our Enterprise Architecture team.
As a Senior Enterprise Architect, you’ll shape and drive our future architecture vision and strategy that delivers New Zealand’s social services. You’ll have a wide sphere of influence across the Ministry. You’ll be a part of one of the largest organisations in the country, with the scale to make a major difference to communities across New Zealand.
This is a great opportunity if you’re a naturally consultative and you’re looking for an opportunity to shape and influence enterprise transformation.
You will bring with you:
- A breadth of architecture experience from across multiple complex environments
- A strategic mindset, with the ability to negotiate a pragmatic balance between short-term and long-term benefits
- A strong understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks and best-practice architecture patterns and principles
- Previous enterprise architecture experience in the public sector and/or working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment is an advantage.
You will be highly skilled in:
- Business architecture and/or technology architecture
- Supporting organisations with their migration to Cloud platforms
- Developing business-aligned architecture strategies and roadmaps
- Stakeholder management and communication at all levels
- Working with and leading teams
- Supporting governance and guiding decision-making.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to provide strategic leadership across the Ministry
- The chance to use your professional skills to improve the lives of New Zealanders
- A large and complex environment with a variety of challenging problems for you to solve
- A highly engaged and supportive leadership team
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive remuneration
- A workplace culture that promotes wellbeing, collaboration, belonging, and integrity.
To support our people’s professional development, we’re implementing the SFIA capability framework. This includes translating our Position Descriptions to align with the framework. We’ll keep you informed of any updates to this Position Description during the recruitment process.
Salary range: $124,872.00 - $187,308.00
How to apply
To apply, visit https://jobs.msd.govt.nz/job/Wellington-Senior-Enterprise-Architect/897373100/ and upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday the 17th August 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated prior to 1 September 2022. From 1 September 2022 MSD’s policy will be to encourage, but not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.