Team Leader, External Assessment
NZQA is seeking an education professional with drive and aspiration to lead a new team of skilled assessment experts!
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo
– nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light.
We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
The External Assessment Team within NZQA is expanding and we are creating a new team of skilled assessment experts in the development of external assessment for the NCEA and New Zealand Scholarship.
The Team Leader will make a key contribution to realising the opportunities for innovation in assessment through the NCEA review changes and the Review of Achievement Standards.
In this role you will be responsible for
- the team's development, delivery and quality assurance of national assessment to ensure fair and reliable assessment for students
- ensuring that the assessment innovation and changes intended in the NCEA review and Review of Achievement Standards are realised
- the continuous improvement of capability and systems
Skills and experience
Candidates for this key role will:
- have a demonstrable ability to lead a professional team and to create a positive team environment
- a sound understanding of the principles associated with learning, curriculum and assessment.
- a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a sound understanding of matauranga Māori
- extensive experience in senior secondary or tertiary education
- intellectual rigour
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Steve Bargh on 027 279 3184.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 19 August 2022.