22/529 Chauffeur - part time
Department of Internal Affairs
Hours: Part time
Location: Wellington City
Business Group: Ministerial Services
Branch: Te Haumi - Enterprise Partnerships
Salary: $49,317 - $66,723 (pro rata)
- Unique opportunity in Government
- Incredible customer service and driving skills a must
- Join a team of committed and highly skilled professionals
The Department of Internal Affairs serves and connects people, communities, and government to build a safe, prosperous, and respected nation.
VIP Transport sits within Ministerial Services, a business unit responsible for providing a range of services to the executive arm of government.
VIP Transport provides quality service and safe transport to a range of dignitaries including Ministers of the Crown, Judges, distinguished guests and visitors to New Zealand and other persons as appropriate. We are looking for Chauffeurs to join our Wellington based team to help us meet our business needs.
You will have:
- Excellent customer service skills with a background in managing customer expectations
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a range of people
- Current type 1 driver’s licence with a P-endorsement and clean driving record
- Excellent knowledge of local suburbs and common buildings or locations in Wellington and the lower North Island
- Competent IT skills including using APPs and location tools
- Knowledge of relevant Transport regulations
- Ability to work rostered shifts that may include weekends, nights, and early morning starts with flexibility appreciated
- Actively contribute to VIP Transport as a team member
- The ability to work alone and be confident in decision-making skills and self-management
- Ability to maintain confidences, respect Secrecy Legislation, and adhere to internal Code of Conduct
- Ability to pass a Security Clearance - via Police and Security Intelligence Service
You will be recognised as someone who has exceptional people skills, who is able to communicate clearly, with a commitment to high standards of accuracy and customer service. You can apply specialised knowledge effectively and consistently in a wide range of situations. You are a team player who adds value to our team, and who can always maintain confidentiality and professional standards.
If you want to join a team of professional committed people who provide exceptional service - then make sure you get in touch.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 12 August 2022
For more information please contact: Paul Lindsay (Regional Manager VIP Transport) on 0274419171 or through email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.