Senior Software Engineer
Consultant Matilda Booth
They’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join their Network Management Systems engineering team. This role will report to the development manager or a lead engineer and work in a collaborative team environment including developers, testers, UX design & development lead, product owner, and scrum master. This is a key role requiring a capable engineer, who works well in an Agile Scrum environment. They’re prepared to fit the role around the capabilities of the right candidate and invite applicants with 5 or more years relevant experience to apply.
• Development of product framework capabilities and features.
• Requirement’s analysis, software design, implementation, testing and problem solving.
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of our Agile Scrum practices
The right candidate will be passionate about developing high quality software products, with strong server and client-side development and problem-solving skills and will collaborate well in a Scrum team environment.
Essential (most of the following):
• Software product development
• Server and client-side design and development
• Strong analysis, design, and problem-solving skills
• Agile Scrum
• NodeJS or Java
• Python scripting
• Data modelling design
• User interface design & development with modern client frameworks (e.g. Vue or Angular)
• Databases (SQL and non-SQL)
• Network management (NetConf YANG, SNMP MIB)
• Telecommunications networking (IP, MPLS, VLAN)
• Jira and Git
This role has great career opportunities with personal development supported as it is encouraged for employees to spend 1 day per month towards this in addition to on-the-job learning. They also offer:
• Southern Cross, Well Being II – Health Insurance for employee and family
• Life Insurance and Terminal Illness – For Employee only; 4x salary
• Income Continuance Insurance - For Employee only; Up to 75% salary
• Trauma Insurance - For Employee only; $15k benefit
• Kiwisaver up to 4%
• An office in Wellington but remote working from anywhere in New Zealand optional
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Matilda Booth on 04 471 9700.