Manager - Te Tāhuhu o Te Rangi
Opotiki District Council
Te Tāhuhu o Te Rangi Research and Technology Centre
Do you think a library is more than just books? Do you have a passion for supporting communities to grow and prosper? Are you committed to using technology to support learning and understanding?
Ōpōtiki District has a relatively small population but is huge in size, opportunity and culture. We are in a period of growth and working with us means you can work and play in a district that you will also have a hand in shaping.
As a thriving Council we are always looking for opportunities to enable Ōpōtiki’s wellbeing and growth as we believe a stronger community has a stronger future. Te Tāhuhu o Te Rangi plays a pivotal role in meeting / addressing the varying needs of the Ōpōtiki community.
Key responsibilities include
- Leading the delivery of modern Library services that meet the needs of the community
- Leading and supporting the growth, promotion and utilisation of a range of services and learning opportunities including the establishment of mobile services
- Shaping and growing the Te Tāhuhu o Te Rangi - Research and Technology centre to be a true community hub for all
- Providing effective line management including the coaching and mentoring of staff
So, a bit about you
You understand empowerment through learning, information literacy and sharing of knowledge in a non-traditional Library context. You pride yourself on your customer service and strong communication skills. You devote energy to achieving team goals and enjoy working collaboratively to achieve organisational aims.
Some of the specifics
- Tertiary qualification in Library studies or equivalent with at least three years relevant Library experience.
- Planning and project management experience
- Strong experience leading, managing and coaching a team.
- Knowledge of Mātauranga Māori, understanding and knowledge of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and some proficiency in Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori, will support your success in this role
If this role has piqued your interest, be sure to check out the position description on our website odc.govt.nz/jobs. Applications should be made using the same link. Make sure to include your CV and covering letter. If you have any questions about the role please reach out to Carol Mio, HR Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 29 August 2022 at 4.00 pm. We will interview as we go which means this role may close early if we find the right person.
Chief Executive (Interim)