Kaituhono Rautaki Matua - Strategic Engagement Partner
Ko wai matou - Who we are
Ta matou nei whakakitenga, he waihanga I nga honongo ahurei me nga Tangata katoa o Aotearoa, kia ngawari ake nga wa e whara ai te tangata, hei whakapiki i ta ratou nei oranga.
Our vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury.
Were at the beginning of an exciting chapter here at ACC, with a new enterprise strategy being developed that includes big aspirations towards improving equity of access, experience, and outcomes for everyone in New Zealand. We have a new CE, Board and leaders that bring excellent experience from across the public sector. Once developed, our new enterprise strategy will continue to build on improvements already realised from being underpinned by ACCs Maori Strategy - Whaia Te Tika. This strengths-based strategy is guided by Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi to enable equitable access, outcomes, and experiences for Maori.Read more about Whaia Te Tika here.
Mo tenei turana mahi - About this role
We have three newly created opportunities to join our Ropu Pae Ora as a Kaituhono Rautaki Matua - Strategic Engagement Partner. Working with Te Ropu Pae Ora leadership team and in a portfolio management style, you will provide leadership and advice on the design and implementation of Te Tiriti and equity centric initiatives across ACC that will better deliver on the needs of Maori and minority populations.
We will be looking to you to build and maintain strategic partnerships with enterprise leaders within ACC, bringing Maori worldviews and matauranga into the development and accountability mechanisms of ACC.
Ko wai koe - About you
Youll be self-managing, with an outcomes focused approach. Your excellent communication skills and ability to effectively engage with different audiences have been developed through successful partnering approaches. Youll have highly effective interpersonal and influencing skills with proven experience of building strong relationships with people at all levels and leading cultural change.
Youll also bring the following:
- Extensive knowledge, and proven ability to advise on the application of te Tiriti o Waitangi and Crown obligations to Maori development and wellbeing
- Demonstrated matauranga Maori including a sound understanding of Kaupapa Maori approaches
- Demonstrated experience in Maori engagement including strong established Maori networks with iwi, hapu and Maori business across the private and public sector
- Strong experience as a trusted advisor on all aspects of the Maori economy and ideally, significant demonstrated experience in one or more of the following specialist areas:
- Design, purchasing, and contract management with an understanding of social procurement
- Strong knowledge of the Maori economy with proven experience in business development or business investments
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand health and disability sector
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Maori me nga tikanga
- The base salary range for this role is approximately $130k $185k with 9% superannuation and flexible working conditions
Although noted as Wellington based, the location is flexible with a focus to create meaningful partnerships and outcomes at a localised level. Travel is part of these roles therefore we can accommodate other locations with occasional travel to Wellington. If you feel you are well suited to the role and live somewhere other than Wellington, we welcome your application.
Me pehea te tuku tono - How to apply
Advertising will remain open until Friday, 19 August however please note that we may progress to interview with suitable candidates as applications are received, therefore please do not hesitate to apply if this role is of interest. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you would like to arrange a confidential chat, please contact Anita.Jones@acc.co.nz.