Youth Worker (School Support)
Te Whānau o Waipareira
Mo te Māori. Na te Māori.
Te Whānau o Waipareira is a non-government organisation, operating locally in the heart of West Auckland. We are dedicated to creating generational change for urban Māori, delivering a broad spectrum of services in education, health, and social care.
Te Ara Waipareira. The Waipareira Way.
Here at the Whānau House, we do our mahi differently. As a new kaimahi, you will be warmly welcomed into a close-knit whānau, with networks spanning across the West Auckland region and beyond. We walk side-by-side with the Māori community, woven into a cross-generational story far bigger than oneself. As kaimahi, we take care of your wellbeing and provide a number of benefits:
- Fun, supportive, and flexible teamworking environment.
- Various professional and career development opportunities.
- 5 weeks of annual leave to rest and recharge your mana.
- Locally based offices, near to public transport and shops.
A Waipareira career is YOUR opportunity to create a difference for whaiora Māori!
Kaimahi Rangatahi. School Support.
As our Kaimahi Rangatahi, you will ingrain yourself within a productive team of high performing support workers. This fulltime role is community-based, engaging with a number of stakeholders including schools, oranga tamariki, police youth aid, mental health services, and mentoring networks. You will manage referrals from a number of local schools and work closely with rangatahi to reduce truancy and develop long-term attendance. A can-do attitude is VITAL as you navigate challenges and inspire our vulnerable whānau to realize their aspirations!
Your Skills & Experience.
We consider a broad range of technical skills and lived experiences. Ideal candidates will showcase the following competencies:
- Prior experience working with rangatahi or whānau.
- Strong commitment to Te Reo me ngā Tikanga Māori.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of community/schooling networks in West Auckland.
- Demonstrated ICT, problem-solving, facilitation, & planning skills
- A clean, Full NZ Driver's License essential for this role.
Are you up to the task? Apply now and kickstart your Waipareira story!
All applicants must have a valid New Zealand residency or work visa.
We do not accept submissions from any recruitment agency.