Project Lead | Kaihautū Wai Māori o Ngāti Awa
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa
- Whakatāne location
- Two Year Fixed Term Contract
- Electric Vehicle for use of contract term
Freshwater is essential to life, vital to survival, he taonga te wai!
Working with Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa, come play a pivotal role in Te Mahere Rautaki Wai Māori o Ngati Awa Project for enhancing the mauri o te wai within the Ngati Awa rohe.
Managing your hand-picked team of up to five staff, the primary purpose of the Kaihautū Wai Māori o Ngāti Awa position is to advance, enact, manage, promote, integrate, and facilitate achievement of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa objectives its Te Māhere Rautaki Wai Māori o Ngāti Awa Project, including:
- Developing a Ngāti Awa mauri assessment framework with Mauri Monitoring methodologies
- Piloting the Mauri Management Framework in the field to gather baseline data
- Updating the Ngāti Awa Environmental Policy Framework. the Matauranga and Freshwater Education programme to facilitate knowledge transmission
- Researching key historical and cultural information on Ngāti Awa freshwater matauranga
This role will see you managing, planning, budgeting, recruiting, implementing, and working with nga uri o Ngāti Awa hapū, their delegates, and communities with the support of TRONA Taiao and ESR and BOPRC Scientists.
Put your experience of the Resource Management Act 1991, the NZ National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2020 and your understanding of the Principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the Mataatua Declaration on Water 2002 to work in this amazing project.
The keys to success of your application will be your:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in Resource & Environmental Management Planning
- Understanding of kaupapa Māori & te reo is preferable
- Proven and compassionate people leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skill, to ensure the vision for the project is understood
- Strong listening skills will be required for the observation process
- Strong writing ability to cater to policy planners
- The ability to deal with potential conflict situations
If this role sounds like you, please contact Catherine Smith, Lead Recruitment Consultant at HR Connect at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply here: