Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Harriet McKenzie
At Audit New Zealand, we are committed to doing everything we can to improve the performance of, and the public’s trust in, the public sector. We carry out annual audits of hundreds of public entities on the Auditor-General’s behalf to give taxpayers and ratepayers assurance that public entities are appropriately reporting on how they spend public money and on the services they have provided.
We’re looking for Senior Auditors to join our offices across New Zealand to work with a variety of for profit and public benefit entities within central and local government. As a Senior Auditor you will have at least three years’ financial auditing experience, and be close to completing or have recently completed your CA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Lead audit teams during the planning, execution and reporting phase of the audit of lower risk entities.
- Work closely with clients and the respective Audit Manager to ensure that audits are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
- Coach other members of the audit team, ensuring that they understand what is expected, and that their work is of an appropriate standard.
- Contribute to effective client and collegial relationships through professional interaction and communication.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) or a member of a similar overseas professional body
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Accounting Standards Framework (For-profit entities and Public benefit entities) and the International Standards of Auditing
- At least three years’ post-graduation experience in external audit, preferably in the public sector
- Experience supervising and coaching others.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation whose work is solely to improve New Zealand's public sector. People matter, our independence is critical, we act with integrity and courage, and we’re here to make a difference.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harriet McKenzie on 04 471 9745.