Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Team Administrator - 12 months secondment or fixed term opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest government groups in the country and provide vital support to our team members to meet delivery goals and increase product capabilities and services to our clients.
If you are proactive, take ownership of your work and have a passion for helping others, then this opportunity may just be what you a looking for!
As a Team Administrator, you will work as part of a team that provides, develops, and maintains general administration services within the Improvement, Systems and Technology Group.
You will be responsible across several key areas which includes
- Maintaining effective administration support services in a timely and accurate manner for our people leaders and other key managers where applicable.
- Assisting managers with support for activities such as induction, on boarding, off boarding, recruitment, and making travel arrangements.
- Support with the co-ordination of meetings and writing meeting minutes.
- Organizing events including booking rooms, arranging catering, and coordinating invites and responses.
- Working alongside the IST Administration team to proactively support each and ensure deadlines are met on time.
Abilities you will bring to the role
- Demonstrated experience undertaking general administrative tasks.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced complex environment, whilst managing multiple responsibilities at any one time.
- A good eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to easily pick up and learn new software.
- Ability to easily build relationships with a wide range of personalities and workstyles
- Knowledge of administration policies, processes, systems, and technology is desirable
How we can support you
We are an organisation that has people at the centre of our work. At MSD we understand that our people do to their best, when they can be their best and we’re committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive.
We offer structures and tools such as Flexible working arrangements, Health Insurance and Vision care, Westpac Government Employee Pac, MSD Wellbeing Plan and Learning and Capability- Study Assistance to support our people and their development.
If you want be part of team that is committed to helping to build successful individuals and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities then we would love to hear from you.
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau.
Please note, we may start shortlisting before the closing date.
Salary range: $47,682.00 - $58,278.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload a copy of your CV, attach the completed Self Assessment (iinstead of a cover letter) and complete the online application form.
Note: Your self assessment will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Monday the 11th July 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.