22/434 IT Business Partner
Department of Internal Affairs
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Technology Services & Solutions
Branch: Shared Services
Salary: $129,622 - $175,371
Ko wai tātou | Who we are:
The Department of Internal Affairs/ Te Tari Taiwhenua serves and connects people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation. We are a strong organisation with a proud history and an exciting future. Within Internal Affairs you will discover a large range of functions, plenty of challenging work and highly talented people. The Department is a recognised leader in public service - known for innovation, essential to New Zealanders, and trusted to deliver.
He aha tāu e mahi ana | What you’ll be doing:
As IT Business Partner (ITBP), you will have a pivotal role as the strategic interface between ICT and the Business, for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery and relationship management. The ITBP leads complex business problem solving, develops the strategic digital direction for the business and contributes to the goal of ensuring that all change activity is aligned with DIA’s business strategy and objectives. You will collaborate with key stakeholders in the branches, to identify and elaborate a core set of actions that will guide the development and the translation of business strategy into a target state digital vision, roadmaps and plans, that will set the direction and objectives for use by architects, programmes and project teams.
Ko ngā mea ka hiahiatia e koe kia angitū | What you’ll need to succeed:
We are looking for someone who has a strong base of experience in an engagement or partnering advisory role and has a track record in being able to successfully translate business objectives into digital strategies and plans:
- Exceptional relationship management skills and experience
- Strong business acumen and a track record of successfully engaging at the most senior levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated capability to deliver high quality strategic business and digital technology planning artefacts that seamlessly integrate business demand and IT capability.
- A broad awareness of the range of digital capabilities, including new and emerging trends and their practical applications in driving business outcomes
- Analytical strengths and complex problem-solving experience that can consider the ‘big picture’ strategy, and envision the relevant business implications and scenarios when finding the best digital path forward
He aha ō paingā ki tēnei mahi | How you will benefit:
Te Tari Taiwhenua provides a range of benefits for all employees, including flexible working, health & wellbeing initiatives, staff development and social and sports teams. By offering these benefits, we believe each employee will be able to achieve their full potential in an encouraging and supportive environment.
He aha e whai ake nei | What’s next:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply now. Please note all applications will be acknowledged electronically.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 8 July 2022
For more information please contact: Craig Matheson, Manager Strategy and Engagement Craig.Matheson@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.