Social Worker - Wairoa
Are you looking to make a difference?
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish. We are dedicated to supporting any child in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now, or in the future.
We have a brilliant opportunity for you to be part our amazing Wairoa team!
Join our team based in our Wairoa site! We are seeking talented, newly qualified, or experienced Social Workers! If you are passionate about improving the lives of tamariki and rangatahi and carrying out meaningful work that makes a difference, this could be the opportunity for you!
We offer the following:
- $74,839.35 - $90,714.36
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- Enhanced annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Support in learning Te Reo
Mō te tūnga - About the role
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for newly qualified or experienced Social Workers to join our Wairoa site, to work across the region providing statutory social work services throughout the region.
In this role, you will be working in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whānau and iwi. You will be part of a team who makes bold and courageous decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi. As a Social Worker you will also uphold best practices in delivering casework and services for tamariki in the three Kaupapa Māori Whare across the region.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand's driver's licence
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $74,839.35 and $90,714.36 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Here's why some of our staff love working for Oranga Tamariki:
- "I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me"
- "It's about respect, being in our community, your Māori and Pakeha"
- "I like being able to have a discussion with peers, peer supervision, open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice"
- "I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role"
- "I like the fact that we work together with community groups, and we can bring ideas to the table"
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Wairoa is right for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online by Wednesday, 6 July 2022.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs. If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com