Sales Effectiveness & Capability Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Location Mount Maunganui
Consultant Samantha Stevens
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with sales leadership, sales training, learning and development, or change management experience to work with a well-engaged leadership team to drive a high-performing sales culture across the organisation. You will have implemented sales culture changes before, and come with innovative and creative initiatives to ensure this already-successful business is at the leading edge and world-class!
Ballance is a New Zealand farmer-owned co-operative committed to farming more productively, profitably and sustainably, and is a one of the top 40 largest companies in New Zealand.
Ballance uses agri-science and technology to offer farmers and industrial businesses a full range of science-based nutrient products, services, and advice, including an award-winning online farm systems software, allowing farmers to capture and analyse a wealth of information for their farms.
About the role:
Due to an internal promotion, this unique role has become available to join Ballance’s impressive sales leadership team.
Reporting to the GM Sales, the Sales Effectiveness & Capability Manager is responsible for the design, development and delivery of a world-class sales capability programme for our regional sales teams to drive sales excellence and effectiveness.
The sales effectiveness team is also responsible for the Company-wide intern programme and the management of the associated competency framework and sales incentive programme.
You will work with sales leaders across the business to determine training gaps and develop programmes accordingly.
One of the key projects you’ll be driving is around using best-practice methodologies to drive culture change to enable high-performance teams.
You will lead two direct reports (1x Sales Coach - North Island and 1x Sales Coach - South Island).
You will need to have either strong sales leadership experience or perhaps you will come from a change management or learning and development background where you have developed and delivered sales effectiveness and capability programmes successfully.
- Manage the development and implementation of nationwide best practice sales effectiveness and coaching programmes throughout the sales organisation
- Work with sales leaders to assess skill and competency gaps and develop programmes to address.
- Leadership of the Sales Coaches
- Ownership of the sales incentive programme
- Management of the Company Sales Intern Program including: recruitment, selection, competency assessment and remuneration
- Lead culture change management activities in the sales organisation – particularly focus on developing a strategy for a high performing sales culture
- Previous sales, sales training, learning and development or change management experience
- Experience implementing sales culture change
- Leadership skills, influencing skills, and high-level stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
Ballance Agri-Nutrients are driven to the success of our country, our land and our people. Every day, Ballance staff work together to support and challenge each other to grow and develop in their careers, so they can all reach their full potential.
Ballance has a strong reputation in the market for their investment in their people and being a positive place to work.