Diabetes Community Coordinator | Hauora Kaimahi
Diabetes New Zealand
E manawanui ana mātou kia hauora te katoa ahakoa he aha te momo mauiui.
Mā ngā ratonga tautoko katoa e puāwai ai te hāpori, kia anga whakamua te hauora o te iwi Māori.
‘Ko te whāinga matua kia kākano rua ai ngā whakahaere o Pinnacle me Diabetes New Zealand. Mā te piri tahi me te mahi ngātahi ka whakawhanake ai te oranga o te iwi māori me te ahurea o te ao māori.
Mēnā e tautoko ana i tēnei tirohanga whānui, e hiahia ana te noho ki tētahi rōpū aweawe tēnā whakapā mai ki a mātou’.
- Do you have a passion for empowering people?
- Make a difference for people with diabetes and their whānau.
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
About the Organisation
Diabetes New Zealand is a national Charitable Trust with 14 Branches throughout New Zealand. Our purpose is to support and assist people affected by diabetes to better manage diabetes; raise the awareness of diabetes and its complications; and to promote the early diagnosis of all types of diabetes.
The person in this role will be working in partnership with Pinnacle Midlands Health Network (Pinnacle). Pinnacle is a not-for-profit organisation that works on behalf of general practice with community health providers, allied and secondary health services. Supporting sustainable general practice to deliver high quality care is at the heart of what they do. They manage the community health care of over 400,000 people enrolled with approximately 88 general practices in Taranaki, Tairāwhiti, Taupō-Turangi, and the Waikato.
About the role
We are seeking a sensitive, enthusiastic and flexible person to work alongside health professionals offering support to people with diabetes and their whānau. They will receive referrals for people newly diagnosed with diabetes to provide initial structured education to them and their whānau in the community and home environments. It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have experience with diabetes, either lived or whānau member. Training will be provided by health professional colleagues and Diabetes New Zealand.
They will administrate and co-facilitate diabetes self-management programmes with health professionals. Programme specific training will be given for this. It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have some experience in facilitating adult education.
The Diabetes Community Coordinator will be located in the Pinnacle Midlands Health Network office, in Gisborne. The role involves travel around Gisborne and its surrounds. This role will usually be Monday to Friday but may require work outside of usual business hours (e.g. to attend and facilitate community events). It is essential that the applicant be a good communicator and able to work as part of a professional health team, but also autonomously in the community. The role will have linkages with volunteers and support groups in the region.
The Hauora Kaimahi part of the role is that of a Health Coach. The successful candidate will receive formal training for this role.
In keeping with the government’s mandate regarding healthcare workers and the Covid-19 vaccine, all Pinnacle employees must be fully vaccinated.
Pinnacle is Smokefree, and we support the Government’s Vision of Smokefree Aotearoa 2025.
- Positive attitude and self confidence.
- Culturally connected with a good knowledge of Te Reo
- Skills in planning and organising
- A good listener, patient and diplomatic
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Work in a team with a person and whānau focus
- Be able to build and maintain relationships
- Well-developed problem solving and decision-making skills
- Organised, motivated and adaptable
- Outcome focused
The successful applicant will have
- a full clean New Zealand driver's licence
- comfortable with the use of Te Reo Māori
- strong computer skills using Microsoft office and other programmes, a ‘can-do’ attitude and be able to demonstrate strong personal and professional boundaries
- demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice
- a clean criminal record – Police check will be sought when employed
For a Job Description please email Liz on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 11 July 2022 (Close of business)