Management Consultants (Intermediate and Senior) – GHA
Management Consultants (Intermediate and Senior) – GHA
GHA is a mid-sized Māori professional services firm operating out of Rotorua and Tauranga servicing clients all over Aotearoa. GHA assists a range of organisations by providing personalised accounting, consulting, share registry and secretariat services. Our clients mainly include Māori trusts, incorporations, treaty settlement entities, small and medium businesses, non-government organisations and government agencies. Understanding the needs of our clients and adding value is essential, as their success is our priority.
We are searching for management consultants (senior and intermediate) who can complement our consulting team and deliver exceptional services to our clients. You will work with a talented, dedicated Māori team of professionals who will support you to bring your A game to the table to create, develop and provide solutions to help our clients thrive.
You’ll be resilient, an organised self-starter who can work within the tight deadlines of a fast-paced professional services environment. You will have a strong track record in delivering positive outcomes; and will develop, manage, and implement integrated end to end solutions for our clients to support their objectives.
These are exciting roles with plenty of scope to grow, hone and develop new skills working in either our Tauranga or Rotorua offices. If you are interested and would like a kōrero about the role, please contact Kererua Savage or Dr Parehau Richards on 07 348 3559 or email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The positions have responsibility for the following key areas of our firm’s business:
Forming trusted work relationships with our clients, team members and other stakeholders
- Leading engagements with clients to understand their needs and in ways that uphold the values of the firm
- Being responsive to client and team member requests for advice and assistance
- Actively maintaining relationships through ethical, professional, and appropriate communications
- Maintaining a high degree of care and professionalism in your appearance, conduct and dress
- Use of te reo Māori in communications with clients, team members and other stakeholders
Providing high quality analysis, advice, information and written documents to meet clients’ needs:
- Meeting with clients to understand their business needs, organisational problems and opportunities
- Developing quotations and proposals for services that respond to our clients’ needs
- Completing research and analysis of information that identifies key issues and solutions
- Using financial modelling and other quantitative methods to analyse business problems and solutions
- Conducting one-to-one interviews and facilitating group hui with clients and other stakeholders
- Peer reviewing the written and analytical work of other team members to maintain quality standards.
Contributing to the design and delivery of core management consulting services GHA offers, including:
- Leading enterprise development services to build Māori entrepreneurial capabilities
- Leading organisational development services to build Māori managerial capabilities
- Leading research and evaluation services, programmes and advice in support of Māori development
- Leading public policy services, papers, proposals and advice on Māori economic development
- Working with associates of GHA to ensure clients have access to high quality technical services
Contributing to the growth and development of the firm, including:
- Identifying continuous improvements and innovations in GHA processes, systems and practices
- Identifying opportunities for new and existing business, products and services
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with clients, team members and other stakeholders
Developing your knowledge and competency in te ao Māori and te ao whānui, including:
- Maintaining knowledge of the Māori and New Zealand economies
- Participating in and contributing to the firm’s use of te reo Māori, tikanga Māori and mātauranga Māori
- Maintaining membership of relevant professional associations, business networks and industries.
- Exemplary communications, facilitation and relationship management skills
- Exemplary problem solving, analytical, business research and report writing skills
- Either extensive experience in financial modelling skills and other quantitative methods, including advanced spreadsheeting or extensive experience in preparing complex reports
- Interviewing skills for business research, including one-to-one and group interviews
- Confidence and capability to present complex information to individuals and groups
- Initiative and teamwork skills, including project management
- Knowledge of Māori enterprises and the Māori economy
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial and business development processes
- Knowledge in one or more of agribusiness, property, tourism, finance, health, education and social services
- Knowledge of governance and management of commercial and non-commercial organisations
- Knowledge and ability in te reo and tikanga Māori
A business, law, economics degree or similar is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to represent the firm, as well as a commitment to te reo and tikanga Māori are essential.
- Intermediate Management Consultant, 3+ years’ experience
- Senior Management Consultant, 5+ years’ experience
To apply for this position, you MUST be a New Zealand citizen and currently living in New Zealand. Please send your application, including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.