Senior Advisor, Risk Assurance
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Gabriella Vettoretti
The purpose of this role is to provide risk management oversight and guidance to Waka Kotahi’s Regulatory Services Group, and to provide assurance that the risks are well managed. This role requires hands on experience in risk management and will have a strong focus on building trust and credibility with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Contribute towards the successful delivery of the Regulatory Services Group (the Group) Risk and Assurance framework / programmes;
- Provide expert risk advice, support and training to all teams across the group to help build risk capability and maturity across the Group;
- Assist the Systems Integrity Principal Risk Advisor in the management of the Regulatory Risk & Assurance Framework, and associated risk assurance programmes are well managed across the Group;
- Engage and collaborate with teams to coordinate and understand what risk assurance activities are being carried out by teams across the Group to ensure a consistent application of such activities.
- Liaise and collaborate with the Corporate Support risk and assurance teams on regulatory risk and assurance activities
- Build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated success at facilitating risk management practices at all levels of an organisation.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of risk and assurance frameworks.
- Technical knowledge of the AS/NZS ISO 31000 Standard: Risk Management – Principals & Guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and maintain a broad range of key internal and external relationships.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in diagnosing complex issues quickly and accurately.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audiences.
This is an opportunity to join a collaborative team that can build your experience as Risk professional and give you exposure to a growing regulatory function.