Senior Advisor, Investment Portfolios
Te Puni Kōkiri
Consultant Matthew Drake
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works across government and with communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau. The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa. The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation. We influence the work of others by bringing Māori voices to decision makers and we invest in innovative initiatives that build the capacity and readiness of whānau and Māori communities. To achieve this, we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
We have opportunities for Senior Advisors to join the Investment Portfolios teams in the Regional Partnerships and Operations Puni. Senior Advisors will contribute to the delivery of outcomes with a strong focus on building relationships, and work as part of a wider team to deliver effective investments across a portfolio of investment funds.
Our investment portfolios specifically target the fields of Māori enterprise, employment/workforce development, whānau resilience, and culture/heritage, and as such skills, knowledge and experience in any of these fields would be of benefit.
- Managing the funding delivery processes of contestable grant funding (e.g. application rounds and national level decision making processes).
- Ensuring the application of funding is aligned with investment objectives/outcomes.
- Monitoring the impact of investment for each fund.
- Managing and crafting ministerial advice e.g. parliamentary questions, aide-mémoire, briefings.
A Senior Advisor is expected to develop and maintain a robust network across Te Puni Kōkiri. They will lead the assessment of proposals for funding, co-ordinate contract management, and monitor the performance of both the outcomes achieved by investment partners and the investment funds. They will work closely with our regional kaimahi to support them and our directorate kaimahi to identify and manage issues and risks.
The Investment Portfolios team provides a positive and encouraging working environment where people can flourish and pursue their career aspirations.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A proven track record in government or similar
To be successful you will have:
- Strong critical reasoning
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
- Deep understanding of government and the public service and public sector processes
- Experience in crafting evidence-based quality advice to decision makers (e.g. parliamentary questions, aide-mémoire, briefings)
- In depth understanding of due diligence, proposal assessment, and contract management
- Confidence in using planning and project management disciplines to support your work
- Comfort in working in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment
- Experience in working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisations and communities
- Some fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit. Training and development in this space will be available
We are additionally taking expressions of interest for up to three Regional Investment Adviser roles, one co-located in each of our Christchurch, Porirua or Whanganui, and Whangarei offices.
Applications close: Sunday 29th May at 6pm
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Matthew Drake on 04 471 9709.