General Manager Strategy and Business Development
- Experience in the NZ Justice Sector?
- Strategic management position.
- Support inter-sectoral relationships and stakeholder expectations.
Manage commercial partnerships, joint ventures and lead revenue growth.
Ko wai mātou? – Who are we? – A little about the company and history.
Te Pā is a Kaupapa Māori organisation that responds to community needs and vulnerable whānau. Te Pā ecology of care have key focus areas that include reintegration, whānau resilience/manawaroa, mental health/hauora hinengaro, emotional health/hauora kare ā-roto, addictions/ngā piringa wara and whānau whai ora responses.
Te Pā has a substantial history working successfully in the space of reintegration and social service and prides itself in operating with a whānau and tangata centric service operating model, which is reinforced by kaupapa Māori values; manaakitanga, whakapapa, wairuatanga, aroha, whanaungatanga and rangatiratanga. Furthermore,Te Pā utilises the principles of social justice to eliminate inequity, provide equal opportunities and empower individuals and whānau.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga – The nature of the position
This is a unique position, within a thriving and innovative organisation. The role itself has a wide strategic scope, supporting the development and growth of the business, ensuring the successful delivery of start-up and development of new business initiatives. Responsible for the development and management of an opportunities pipeline, your role will be centric to the opportunities and conversion of prospects into revenue. Writing tenders and all other funding applications, your remit will also cover support with the development and investigations of a social enterprise and investment.
This is senior leadership position and is a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), reporting into the Chief Executive. Providing executive oversight, vision, leadership, and line accountability for Te Pā in relation to Strategy and Business Growth and Development, this is a critical role in the long-term sustainability of the organisation. Tasked with developing and implementing strategies and plans for the growth and development functions that align with legislative imperatives, organisational strategic and operational plans, as well as the delivery on required outputs.
Developing forward-looking policies, objectives, plans and activities, you will take an advisory lead on policy initiatives, goals, objectives, and corporate planning. Having due regard to evaluation and review obligations, progress monitoring and performance, will see you delivering a large contribution to the overall planning, coordination, and control of Te Pā affairs. Accountable for the provision of guidance and advice to the CEO, Board and Committees, you will be advising the CEO and ELT members on the implications of current plans, discussion documents as well as a forecast of pipeline opportunities. Keeping abreast of current and proposed legislative changes, you will be in consistent communication with the ELT, to ensure their decisions are in line with Government strategies, Board policies, and the Te Pā strategic vision.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Wheako – Essential skills/experiences for the role
This position requires significant experience and acumen in the development of new business, a track record of sound financial management, and the skill to write and deliver tender documents.
Additional skills and competencies required in this position are to include:
- Extensive experience in business development, growing and diversifying sources of profitable income.
- Experience managing commercial interests of an organisation, highly experienced as a people leader with strong negotiation skills and extensive experience within the development and drafting of RFP’s.
- Previous experience in the development and maintenance key funding relationships.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Mātauranga Māori, principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga me Te Reo Māori.
- Strong business acumen, with sound fiscal mindset and sound understanding of risk management.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategy and policy.
- Able to demonstrate the proven ability to work collaboratively to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- The experience to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders through advocacy, negotiation, and collaboration.
- Ability to influence, persuade and inspire others to achieve results.
- Experience in strategic brand and marketing.
- A track record in building business development strategies and organisational capability.
- Be known as a leader who brings parties together, connecting, building, and unifying others.
- The proven skills to empower and enhance the mana of others.
Experience in the NZ Justice Sector and a wholistic understanding of Te Pā client base would be highly beneficial to your application.
As an individual, you’ll display innovation, enthusiasm, and passion in all you do, able to think outside of the box, and eager to find new ways to innovate and deliver. Taking a strategic view of new funding and revenue sourcing, you will take the principal role in implementation and evaluation, as well as the ongoing financial and performance against plan reporting.
Te tono – How to apply:
To apply, or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to email@example.com
Applications close Monday 30th May 2022 at 5pm.