Manager, Policy & Advocacy
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Full Time
Closing Date: 20/05/2022
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Wellington CBD
Job Category: Consulting and Strategy
- Support Policy & Advocacy initiatives in a leading medical College with a focus on Indigenous strategic priorities
- Friendly and supportive team
- Flexible work from home options
This role is part of a trans-Tasman Policy & Advocacy Team which develops medical and health policies, leads the College’s advocacy and campaign initiatives, and provides advice on policy for the RACP that positions the College as a leading voice on health policy in Aotearoa New Zealand and Australia and reflects the issues that are of importance to the College membership.
This role will also support the implementation of the College’s Indigenous strategic priorities in relation to whānau, hapū iwi and hāpori Māori in Aotearoa NZ and Hauora Māori; and cultural competence/safety in the College.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of policies, position statements, submissions, media and social media based on input and advice from members
- Identify current, evidence-based literature relevant to policy areas, monitor policy development in the health, and advise the College on the political and legislative agenda
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the College and with AoNZ external organisations and policy networks around policy priorities
- Develop tools and processes to measure the impact of advocacy activity and monitor for effectiveness
- Provide leadership and guidance on the implementation of the RACP’s Indigenous Strategic Framework, with reference to policy and advocacy, the Aotearoa NZ context, and the aspirations of the Māori Health Committee
- Provide timely policy and project advice, supporting in the development of key stakeholder relationships, providing a positive role model for employees, including modelling integrity, leadership and customer orientation
- Identify, mitigate, and manage risk and escalate concerns as appropriate and contribute to the annual budgeting process and monthly monitoring
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in health or related disciplines
- Demonstrated health policy experience at senior level, with developed health networks and knowledge of Aotearoa New Zealand government and health system structures, demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience including working with committees and/or working groups
- Working knowledge of tikanga, kawa and te reo Māori and experience, integrating Tiriti o Waitangi principles for health into policy work, and understanding of Indigenous self-determination
- Highly developed analytical, political and policy skills, including applying health research, policy and analysis to develop policy positions and lead campaigns
- Experience in leading and managing people, including coaching a team to develop high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with a flexible approach to sharing tasks and working cooperatively
This position may involve some interstate and international (Australia) travel.
To apply, please send your CV and short cover letter by clicking "Apply" by 20 May 2022. For any further information, please email email@example.com
No agencies please | The RACP is an equal opportunity employer
- Share this post!