Senior Advisor, HealthCERT
Ministry of Health
- Are you a motivated individual with excellent relationship management skills?
- Wellington only located role
- Full-time, permanent position
Are you passionate about promoting cultural awareness to make a real difference in the lives of people and whānau?
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
HealthCERT team sits within our Health System Improvement and Innovation directorate which supports and promotes innovation and continuous system improvement through quality commissioning and policy, effective regulation and evidence-based decision making.
As part of the team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment that is both supportive and inclusive where everyone works to help each other to get the best outcomes for New Zealand.
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga - What is the purpose of this position?:
We're looking for someone to provide timely and appropriate advice and support to Quality Assurance and Safety, HealthCERT, DHBs and Designated Auditing Agencies in regard to the Health and Disability Services Standards 2008, and the auditing and certification of hospitals, rest homes, residential disability care facilities and fertility providers
As our Senior Advisor in HealthCERT, you will have a key role in liaising with providers and funders of health and disability services for our population. You will make recommendations for the certification of healthcare services, investigate complaints and respond to information requests received from the public. You will also provide information for the Ministry to contribute to strategic planning.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako - Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a Registered Nurse with a recent clinical background and current APC, ideally in residential mental health and addiction services or residential disability support services
- have an excellent understanding of the relevant legislation guiding our work
- demonstrate strong analytical skills including the analysis of written information and data on service quality and service delivery
- have excellent problem-solving abilities
- be an excellent communicator with the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- have previous experience working strategically and applying critical thinking, as well as sound judgement, in the development of options and provision of advice.
An auditing qualification/experience or recent experience working with the Health and Disability Services Standards would be an advantage. Some travel may be required.
Ngā uaratanga - Our Ministry values
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nation's health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Liam O'Sullivan, Senior Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number MOH/1578988.
Advertising for this role closes at 6pm on Thursday, 27 January 2022.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com or on +6444665318 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have. #Linkedin