Senior Executive Assistant, Te Kurutao - Ōtautahi Christchurch
- Utilise your organisational skills in this dynamic role
- Play a critical role in supporting the mahi of Te Kurutao to promote Māori aspirations for our customers and staff
- Full time, permanent role at $74,138 salary + five weeks' annual leave + free insurance
Mō mātou - Our organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Your role
In this role, you'll provide executive secretarial and administrative services to the Regional Manager, including diary management, recording meeting minutes and providing other administration support. This role sits in Te Kurutao, whose role it is to ensure Kāinga Ora can fulfil its legislative obligations to protect and enable Māori interests and aspirations in relation to housing and urban development
This is a fast-paced role, in which your exceptional organisation skills and interpersonal awareness will be key to your success.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring:
- You'll have at least a basic proficiency in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga, grounding in te ao Māori, and an understanding of Kāinga Ora's responsibilities in respect of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience providing EA/PA support to a senior manager/executive team member
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills, coupled with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff at all levels of the organisation, with initiative, sound judgment and discretion
Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day.
Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz
Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday, 23 January 2022.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site and enter the job code 58196TKV.