22/009 Payroll Manager
Department of Internal Affairs
Hours: Full time
Business Group: People and Capability
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: $78,023 - $105,560
- Join a leading, high performing Payroll team with a great team culture
- Work closely with a supportive management team
- Flexible working opportunities are a given
At the Department of Internal Affairs, we record every life and every death, every marriage and every name change. Our work really does impact the life of every New Zealander. We’re passionate about this country and the people that call it home.
Organisational Capability and Services (OCS) | He Pou Aronui
Payroll in Pūmanawa Tangata (People & Capability / Human Resources) sits within Organisational Capability and Services, a branch dedicated to supporting the rest of the Department to succeed by providing corporate services that help business groups and people within DIA to make the best contribution to New Zealand.
We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to lead the Payroll team within the wider People & Capability business group.
As Payroll Manager you will ensure the delivery of payroll advice to managers and staff for both DIA, the newly formed Ministry for Ethnic Communities, various current and future Royal Commissions and possibly other future departmental agencies. You will furthermore be responsible for accurate annuity payments to former Prime Ministers and Governors General.
The People & Capability group is committed to a programme of continual improvement and you will be responsible for reviewing, developing and implementing new and improved policies, procedures and operating standards for the payroll service.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates the following:
- Significant experience in managing payroll and administration for a large organisation (2,000+ employees)
- Effective leadership and staff management experience
- Knowledge of, and experience in, implementing relevant employment legislation
- Experience in systems maintenance and enhancements
- Ability to work effectively with senior-level staff
- Experience of iChris, Chris21 or PSe (PS Enterprise) is desirable
- Skilled in payroll reporting & analysis
As we are currently implementing a new HRIS (Oracle HCM) and Payroll solution (iChris) experience in leading this kind of change is also highly desirable.
What you will get in return
A good work life balance, flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to work with a high performing team to make your mark, and receive fair remuneration and development opportunities alongside various other benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 24 January 2022
For more information please contact: Yaman Noack at email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.