22/006 Test Analyst
Department of Internal Affairs
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Technology Services and Solutions
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: $59,186 - $80,075
Our Test Analysts delivers quality test competency to projects incorporating the completion of all test activities, from planning to execution.
This position is responsible for developing and executing test scripts, as well as the execution both against in-house developed products as well as 3rd party, vendor supplied products. The testing will be both technical and functional in nature and includes regression testing as well as interface testing. Exposure to automation is a plus. They will operate under the guidance of other experienced test resources.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Test Manager, Business Analysts and Technical Architects to understand business/software specifications and functional requirements in order to translate these into functional/non-functional test cases.
- Having a grounding in manual and Automation test capabilities
- Be conversant with the SDLC
- Capable of reporting and tracking defect
- Able to report on the test status
We believe in a workplace culture that’s supportive, collaborative and innovative. We also believe in trying hard and having fun. If that sounds like you – then make sure you get in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access. Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 24 January 2022
For more information please contact: Paul Cant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.