Human Resource Advisor
University of Waikato
Human Resource Advisor
Te Wāhanga Whakahaere Pūmanawa Tangata
Human Resource Management
Ko wai mātou? - Who are we?
We are a friendly and supportive team who deliver high quality HR services across the University, covering the wide spectrum of human resource business needs and all other processes that support the employee lifecycle.
We work proactively with senior leaders to develop integrated solutions for employee and organisational needs to align with policy and strategy. We provide advice and guidance to empower leaders to execute the people aspect of their business plans.
Ngā kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
A member of our team has been assigned to an HRIS enhancement project and we need someone to step into their 'day job' in a fixed-term capacity.
This generalist role will see you providing expert people advice to a dedicated portfolio as well as supporting people related projects and programmes of work.
Your passion for working closely with people managers to support, coach and advise them to feel confident in their strategic people and operational management decisions will shine through. With a risk management approach, you will provide advice on best-practice solutions related to all HR related matters including recruitment, performance management and employment relations and contribute in the delivery of continuous business performance.
Our team is so supportive that we literally 'down tools' to help each other when needed to focus on the priorities at hand. We have fun but as you would expect there are challenges in a role like this, and we require an HR expert who is resilient and pragmatic in approaches at all times.
Please note: The University has decided that, from 14 February 2022, all staff working on or entering any of its campuses or sites must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination before 14 February for this role.
Ko wai koe? - Who are you?
The successful person for this role will need to tick these boxes:
- thrive in a busy environment, enjoy collaborative and valuable teamwork, believe in continuous improvement and have the ability to offer innovative solutions for our people managers and staff.
- have a tertiary qualification in HR management, Organisational Psychology or a discipline fostering communication and/or analytical skills would be highly desirable.
- at least five years experience as a HR generalist, ideally in a medium to large complex organisation.
- have in depth knowledge and experience in employment relations, performance and change management.
- have acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges with an ability to build strong relationships, develop trust and credibility with people leaders and staff.
- be a confident, clear and concise communicator and have experience working alongside unions.
Te Whare Wānanga o Waikato The University of Waikato is committed to our Māori and Pacific communities and an understanding of the culture is essential.
We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We would greatly value seeing applicants from our Māori and Pacific communities.
He aha ngā take me tono mai ai koe? - Why should you apply for this position?
Our University provides an attractive work environment, with many facilities available on campus, generous leave provisions and flexible working opportunities.
The salary range for this position will be dependent on qualifications, skills and experience.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Hanlie du Plessis, Director, Human Resources and Employment Relations, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is fixed-term until December 2022.
Closing Date: 28 January 2022
Vacancy Number: 420005
For further information and to apply online, please click here.