Mental Health and Addictions Professional – Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
- Frontline support role with shift and clinical leadership opportunities
- No two shifts are the same in this diverse role which covers a variety of both Mental Health and Addiction Services support
- Supportive team culture
- On-going learning and development opportunities, coaching and quality reviews
- External supervision provided and registration paid for
Help provide 24/7 support to New Zealanders across a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth service.
- Provide essential support to a wide range of Service Users across Aotearoa
- Work from home or office-based role from either Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
- Shift focus on over night shifts (10pm - 7am) plus some afternoon and evenings
- Competitive hourly rate plus penal rates for overnight and weekend work
About the role - Atu mo te mahi
The Mental Health and Addictions Professional role is both dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a collaborative 24/7 shift team, supporting a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service. These critical services use core counselling skills to support people around relationships, alcohol and other drugs, depression and mental health issues, suicide and self-harm and problem gambling.
More specifically your role will involve the following:
- Brief Mental Health and Addictions support, including assessments, interventions, support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management, respecting backgrounds and cultural needs
- Communicating with Service Users via phone, email, SMS and online chat.
- Working with frequent and complex callers
- Supporting staff with de-briefs
- Undertaking shift supervision duties on a weekly roster, and having oversight of the services and call flows
- Providing coaching and support to all MHA staff as requested
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments, always ensuring ethical service delivery
About you - Pehea koe
- Diploma level 7, Bachelor's Degree or higher in relevant field e.g., counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work
- Two years + experience working in a Mental Health or Addictions role
- Full registration with a relevant professional body (DAPANZ, NZAC etc)
Your Personal attributes:
- Strong counselling skills and an ability to use sound judgement
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including an ability to quickly build rapport
- The confidence to work with new technology, tools, and resources
- The ability to remain calm and composed when supporting people around suicide and other risk
- Can handle shifts with high service demand
- Reliable and detail focused, follows guidelines and set procedures
- Cultural and interpersonal sensitivity and awareness
- Ability to implement self-care, use supervision and other strategies to support resilience
About us - Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa are privileged to of running free to the public, virtual health, mental health, and social services the people of Aotearoa New Zealand.
We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as well as remote teams working from their homes across the country.
We want to give everyone in Aotearoa the opportunity for wellness. We focus on the connected world of digital care, where we can help join all the dots, and select the right services, advice, support and help for the right need.
We use our healthy imagination to solve big problems by understanding the tiny ways that people are blocked from getting the care they deserve. Our imagination comes from our people and our partners and their drive to never give up.
Our Values - Ō Tātou Uara
Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand. Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it.
- Do the right thing - Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality - Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better - Ngākau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to Shoulder - Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi
As a part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with on-going learning and development programmes, opportunities to apply for permanent or leadership rolesand coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive leadership team.