Technical Product Owner
Ministry of Social Development
Technical Product Owner
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
What we offer:
Over the last few years in the Improvement, Systems and Technology group we have been evolving our delivery approach to be agile at scale.
We now have an opportunity for a talented Technical Product Owner to join our Corporate Applications team. The Corporate Apps team services the Corporate Business of MSD by providing the platforms that Provide MSD’s People, Payroll and Financial capabilities along with enterprise Work Management tooling.
We are seeking Technical Product Owner for one of the following product areas:
- Financial Systems – Be an integral part of MSD’s financial systems transformation. Phase 1 of our multi-year financial systems transformation will go live early in 2022. You will be the technical product owner for this new Oracle FMIS platform and work closely with our business stakeholders, the delivery team, the support team and our delivery partner.
- Work Management Tools – Play an important part in allowing MSD to deliver on its purpose and continue to deliver improvement and new services to clients. Owning both MSDs ITSM (Helix) and Agile (Jira) workflow tooling, you will work to closing with stakeholders, delivery teams and support teams across the organisation. There is plenty of opportunity to help make things easier for MSD teams.
Providing direction for your delivery team(s) and working closely with our scrum leads to delivery through the various software life cycles of delivery is a day-to-day requirement of the role as well as identifying opportunities to continuously enhance our systems and processes.
Both product areas are an exciting opportunity to be part of one of New Zealand’s largest IT groups and be the motivational force that empowers our teams to meet delivery goals and increase product capabilities and services to our clients.
The role provides the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Product Manager for your product group contributing to product strategy & roadmaps, and Epic business cases.
- Create the work plan for teams in collaboration with team members, customers, and stakeholders.
- Participate in product level ceremonies and PI Planning.
- Develop Asset Management Plans.
- Define acceptance criteria for product stories and confirm they are complete.
- Foster an environment of trust, empowerment, collaboration, and a positive culture.
You will bring:
- Proven technical knowledge within your respective domain.
- Proven experience as a successful product owner, scrum master or a similar leadership role in a technology environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and the ability to translate complex technology into relatable language.
- Demonstrated excellence in prioritisation and decision making.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels.
Salary range: $106,967.00 - $160,451.00
How to apply:
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Monday the 24th January 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated.