Design and Quality Assurance Team, Manager Kaiwhakahaere Tira Whakaū Hoahoa, Kounga
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
This role is fixed term based in Christchurch until June 2023. Reporting functionally to the Workstream Lead for Design and Quality Assurance for 2023 Census, and working alongside technical experts, your main focus is managing the timely delivery of the workstream deliverables as well as helping other workstreams understand their role in delivering an assured design.
This role will be pivotal in our team, helping to translate technical ideas, frameworks and concepts into action. Our workstream works across the whole programme and building strong relationships is critical for delivering successful work.
You will be helping to manage the key deliverables in the Design and Quality Space, including (but not limited to):
- Developing Programme Level performance measures and then helping to monitor and report on progress
- The implementation and on-going management of the Quality Gate process
- On going management of Design Assurance activities ensuring that the programme remains focussed on delivering successful outcomes
You will be supported by subject matter experts so you do not need to be a technical expert yourself but you'll need to be able to grasp the essence of complex concepts, frameworks and ideas in order to understand the implications on our deliverables and to communicate it to others.
There are three design analysts who will report to you and support you with the delivery of the work and two senior technical experts who will input into your work.
Mōu | About you
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and influencing skills
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery
- Experience in stakeholder management
- An open and fresh approach, inclusive and collaborative style
- Experience of taking complex ideas and making them simple
- A clear communicator who is well practised at bringing people on a journey
- Highly organised and focused on delivering to timelines
- A strong people manager who can get the best out people whilst helping them achieve their career goals
- Knowledge/familiarity or a commitment to learning/understanding Te Ao Māori, in order to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori communities.
Ngā hua ka riro ki a koe | What's in it for you?
You'll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- An environment that's safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- 3 departmental leave days (usually taken over Christmas office closure)
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career (coaching culture, study support, secondments, acting up)
- Health and wellbeing support
- Opportunity to join various social, network and support groups (toastmasters, multi-cultural, social group)
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Starting salary: $110,000 negotiable depending on experience
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Friday 10th December 2021 but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.