Ministry of Education
- Permanent, full-time
- Wellington based
About our group
Te Poutāhū - Curriculum Centre sets the system-level learning for every child and student. Working between policy and customer facing functions, there is a significant political, stakeholder and public interest in the high performance of this group and the education curriculum and teaching workforce outcomes we seek for New Zealand.
Mō tēnei tūranga - About the role
The Ākonga Māori team is responsible for operational policy, curriculum, and support programmes for Year 11-13 learners, the secondary-tertiary interface.
The Team Administrator is part of the Ākonga Māori team, to provide a range of administration, coordination and support services to the Senior Manager, Project Manager and the wider Ākonga Māori team.
Mōhou ake - About you
We are looking for someone who is thoughtful, agile and adept at handling ambiguity and complexity. Our ideal candidate will take pride in producing high quality work and will be comfortable working independently to achieve defined objectives. The person will be sensitive to cultural values and have a good understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
They will have sharp interpersonal skills, superior writing skills, and will be comfortable working with a diverse range of stakeholders and representing the Ministry.
Experience and qualifications
Candidates will ideally have the following:
- Previous administration experience including working in a project or programme team, managing or supporting projects with multiple work streams and competing pressures
- Experience in working within the public sector and understanding of the political environment and how related issues should be managed
- Experience in administration of contracts, purchase orders, timesheets, invoices, filing, meetings, minute taking, and reporting
- Ability to identify and organise what matters, anticipating next steps, accurately delivering what was commissioned
- Experience working with and comfortable engaging in wānanga with Māori whānau, hapū, iwi and communities an advantage
- Mēnā he matatau ki te reo Māori me ōna tikanga Māori he wana ake tērā
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the 'apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/707448_JobDesc.pdf
For further information please contact Keenau Betham Keenau.Betham@education.govt.nz
Please note that some roles at Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga - Ministry of Education are subject to the requirements of the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
For successful applicant/s to be offered these roles, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday, 8 December 2021.