Tamariki Ora/Wellchild Nurse
Tui Ora Ltd
- Between Monday - Friday
- Part time with FTE negotiable
He taonga te mokopuna, kia whāngaia, kia tipu, kia rea
“A child is a treasure, to be nurtured, to grow, to flourish”
He whakamārama mō Tui Ora (About us):
Tui Ora is a kaupapa Māori organisation, providing a range of wellbeing services to whānau in Taranaki. We employ passionate, professional people to fit with our whānau team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community-focussed individuals to support this kaupapa, and we currently have an exciting new opportunity.
Mō te tūranga (About the role):
You will be part of the Well Child Tamariki Ora community nursing team who undertake screening assessments for children aged six weeks to four years old. This role requires you to work independently visiting whānau in their home environment and building strong relationships while working within a whānau ora model of care. You will also be providing education and support to empower parents and whānau to maximise their child’s developmental potential and health status.
Kia ekena a angitū (To promote success in this role, you will have):
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Experience as a community nurse is desired, but not essential
- Willingness to undertake further ongoing education
- Passion about Maori health, wellbeing and thriving whānau
- Full, clean NZ Driver Licence.
Tikanga haumaru (Safety checking):
- Tui Ora is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. Safety checking for employment will be required for this role.
- Tui Ora considers that this role falls within coverage of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 (“the Order”) which is now in effect.
You must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before the close of 01 January 2022 to be able to fulfil the requirements of this order in this role.
We offer (subject to eligibility criteria):
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Tui Ora day (one paid day each year to spend with your whānau)
- Training and development opportunities
- A professional, fun and vibrant working whānau environment.
Me pēhea te tono (How to apply):
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via Tui Ora’s online process. Complete the online application through our website: https://vacancies.tuiora.co.nz/Vacancy/VacancyList and upload a cover letter and CV. You may also view a position description at this site. If you have not completed the online application and/or uploaded both these documents, your application will not be considered. For further information email email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
This vacancy is open and has no close date. Applicants will be contacted throughout the recruitment process
Ngā mihi ki a koe
Nā Tui Ora.