Marketing Communications Specialist
Consultant Jing Li
Job Ref 1614090/001
Agrecovery are looking for a marketing and communications specialist to be a part of the company’s mission to be a respected and credible leader for agricultural waste education.
Agrecovery is a rural recycling programme delivering effective product stewardship programmes on behalf of industry and government. Its primary function is to promote environmentally sound waste management practices in the primary sector. This is achieved by bringing together key stakeholders to reach voluntary, negotiated agreements on product stewardship programmes.
Agrecovery is experiencing continued growth and the opportunity for an exciting new marketing and communications specialist has arisen. This role will be reporting directly into the Chief Executive and will have responsibility for the organisation’s marketing and communications function. This role will be crucial in managing effective delivery of information to Agrecovery’s key customers and stakeholders to meet the strategic and business goals of the organisation, as well as providing effective communications advice to the Chief Executive.
Agrecovery are looking for an experienced marketing and communications specialist who can bring their skills and expertise to further establish the business in the primary sector. The successful applicant will bring fresh and creative ideas to engage with their audience and stakeholders as well as lead them into the next phase of communication change.
About the role:
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with other staff, a social media platform.
- Prepare and keep up to date relevant promotional and marketing material to identify concerns and provide greater value to customers and stakeholders
- Actively participates with, supports, and provides back up to other members of Agrecovery
- High level of autonomy around making the marketing and communications decisions for the organisation
- Developing and implementing the marketing and communications strategy to drive participation in the programme
- Contributes to the Agrecovery website, compilation of company board papers, and annual reports
- Build active and constructive relationships with members, stakeholders and Agrecovery staff
- Demonstrate an awareness of the political environment
- Be open to and seek regular feedback from your manager
- Identify and report on health and safety hazards, work-related injuries and take corrective action if necessary to support the application of the health and safety plan
- At least three years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of people at all levels
- Experience with social networking media and the ability to use social media as a corporate communications tool
- Experience with publications and publishing, including the Internet and a website content management system (WordPress desirable)
- Experience in writing and delivering on Communications and Marketing strategies and plans
- Experience with developing Branding and Marketing material
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Sound computer systems knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products and preferably Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp
- Highly developed skills with InDesign
- Experience with establishing and managing media relationships
This is an exciting role and we are seeking someone who is committed to helping Agrecovery Provide governance and programme management for product stewardship programmes on behalf of industry groups and organisations.
For a confidential discussion and to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720, or Reuben Godfrey on 04 471 9715.
Due to the on-going Covid-19 border restrictions, only candidates already residing in NZ with a current right to work will be considered.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.