Well Child Pēpi Ora Nurse - Full and Part-Time Available
Te Manu Toroa Trust
Well Child Pepi Ora Nurse Full and Part-Time Available Te Manu Toroa Trust
Te Manu Toroa is a progressive Kaupapa Māori health care provider in the Bay of plenty committed to providing hauora services to our local communities.
We are looking to recruit the equivalent of 2 full-time Pepi Ora Nurses. These roles can be job shared and we are keen to make part-time options work for the right candidates. The roles are all between Monday – Friday between 0800-1600hrs. Say goodbye to rosters and night shifts and get your weekends back for BBQ’s and lazy beach days with whanau and friends as the days heat up heading into summer!
Tamariki Ora is a free Well Child service that is available to all New Zealand families/whānau for children from birth to 5 years. Our Registered Nurses travel into the community to visit the Pēpi/baby to ensure healthy growth and development.
Each visit includes a physical assessment of the baby, helpful hints, and tips, monitoring of Pēpi development, advice on breast feeding, nutrition, sleep, and parenting.
Essential for the role:
- Annual Practicing Certificate
- Indemnity Insurance
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Good understanding/working knowledge of local communities within Tauranga and Western Bay of Plenty
- Full drivers license
Desired for the role:
- An independent vaccinator’s certificate would be advantageous or the willingness to gain this qualification
- It is preferable that the applicant has a post graduate certificate in Tamariki Ora / Well Child or be willing to commence this on employment.
- The applicant must also be confident and experienced as a clinician and be willing to take a leadership role in this area as they will be working in partnership with Tamariki Ora Kaimahi.
- As Te Manu Toroa is a Kaupapa Māori Health Provider, the applicant must be able or willing to work within a Kaupapa Māori framework
- A good understanding of Te Reo Me Ona Tikanga Māori or a willingness to learn
The position is highly mobile and comes fully equipped and resourced. The successful applicant will have direct responsibility for ensuring well-child checks are completed, including immunisations and be willing to work in homes and other community settings independently.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com.
For a Position Description and Application Form please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 14 December 2021