Emergency Teletriage Nurse/Paramedic
- With no two days the same, and a wide breadth of clients across Aotearoa
- Receive four weeks paid training to stretch and grow your skills and competitive pay
- Enjoy the ability to work autonomously and independently
Whakarongorau Aotearoa is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including supporting Aotearoa's crucial 111 Emergency Call Centre. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care!
About the role - Atu mo te mahi
As an Emergency Teletriage Nurse/Paramedic, you'll be offering essential health and well-being support and advice to people right across New Zealand. You'll join a dynamic and specialist team, working in shifts to provide 24/7 support over the phone and online for a range of healthcare services.
An energising work environment and opportunity to work alongside 111 Emergency Call Centre at St Johns Ambulance Service in Mount Wellington.
This role will suit those attracted to working autonomously and independently to apply their well-honed triage skills. In this role you will do the following:
- Provide secondary care to patients who may not require an ambulance, however are in serious need of medical support
- Triage patients over the telephone, to assess and help callers take appropriate action, or utilise the correct level of care for a given problem
- Give advice and support that respects backgrounds and cultures
- Comply with nursing codes of conduct and best practice, including respecting patient confidentiality, privacy and individual needs
- Record caller information in our database and following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software
About you - Pehea koe
- NZ Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate or Paramedic with current authority to practise
- Background in general nursing with three years' post-registration experience or five plus years paramedic experience
- Ideally, two years' experience in acute care, primary care or teletriage
- Excellent communication skills
- Stay calm under pressure
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
About us - Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa (formerly Homecare Medical) are privileged to provide the people of Aotearoa New Zealand with professional, quality advice, support, and information across a range of health and mental health services. We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels to virtually support kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch as well as remote teams across the country.
Our values - O Tatou Uara
Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it:
- Do the right thing - Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality - Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better - Ngakau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to shoulder - Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi
As a part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with on-going learning and development programmes, opportunities to apply for permanent or leadership roles and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive leadership team.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we would love to hear from you!