Commercial People & Capability Lead
Ministry of Social Development
Consultant Mitchell Butler
Strong leadership position managing a commercial service team. You will have a great ability to enable the team to hit commercial portfolio needs.
The Commercial People & Capability Lead is responsible for a team of people within the Commercial Services Group and the capability development of people including their wellbeing.
The Commercial People & Capability Lead ensures people get the career support they require, and their care is balanced with delivery. This position has a strong capability and people focus with strong relationship skills and professional networks. You will also bring some sound technical commercial and procurement experience.
This position is accountable for the development of procurement capability frameworks and workforce plans to meet the needs of portfolio managers ensuring resources are assigned to deliver commercial portfolio pipelines.
- Lead a group of people with a broad and diverse range of skills and experience
- Work with managers across commercial services group to build retention strategies that attract and retain the right capabilities
- Collaborate with commercial managers to develop a medium to long term workforce strategy to fulfil the skills and resourcing requirements for future delivery
- Negotiate with stakeholders to ensure a balance between delivery needs, people care and resourcing requirements
- Meet regularly with individuals to mentor their development
- Advocate for people’s safety, welfare, wellness, and health ensuring these are balanced with delivery needs
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the people group, including the HR Advisor procurement professionals and commercial leaders
- Previous experience leading teams in a complex environment
- A thorough knowledge and understanding NZ Government Procurement practice and commercial environments
- Experience of development and capability building for teams in a procurement/commercial context
- Experience in leading or managing all levels of performance and behaviours
- Previous experience in coaching and mentoring
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
This is a great time to be joining the Ministry for Social Development as they undertake their journey of building and developing the procurement & commercial services function. This position is key in this development and will have a chance to influence and shape the function for the future.
Also, please note that the official title of this role will be People & Capability Manager.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 5th December 2021.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Mitchell Butler on 04 471 9748.