Mental Health Professional
Te Awakairangi Health Network
- Flexible working environment work either full or part time.
- Rewarding work within primary mental health RN/SW/OT/DAAPNZ.
- Career development and training provide with competitive salary!
Join a supportive team where we will coach and support you to make sound clinical decisions, listen to your views, and provide you with a variety of training and development opportunities.
Ko wai mātou | About Us
Te Awakairangi Health Network is a primary care network that provides quality primary care services across the Hutt Valley. We work with the general practices and a wide range of healthcare providers and community organisations to reduce barriers to health care for high needs groups including Youth, Māori, Pacific and people who have low incomes.
Our vision is “everyone in the Hutt Valley is healthy and well”.
Mō te tūnga | The Role
We have a great opportunity for you to join our supportive, and close-knit Wellbeing team as a Mental Health Professional. Working within this mental health role is extremely rewarding because you’ll make a real difference in the lives of people using our service. Our friendly and cohesive team are ready to support you as needed, offer a listening ear and we have a wealth of knowledge within the team so there’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
As a Mental Health Professional, you will provide brief intervention counselling support for adults and young people with mild to moderate mental illness and/or addictions. Your work will be via referrals received from GP’s or self-referral and work focuses on the individual’s mental health needs and providing them with the tools and ability to be successful. Primarily we provide our services to a variety of people from age 12 upwards.
Your work will be located onsite at a variety of locations within the Hutt Valley and may include GP practices and Marae. This allows you to get out and about within the community and the opportunity to interact with our boarder networks and supports.
You’ll need to be an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can work easily alongside our existing team of nurse therapists, clinical psychologists, AOD clinicians and social workers. Due to the dynamic nature of primary mental health, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Your experience within a mental health and/or addictions team, confidence with kaupapa Māori tools, a knowledge of protocols amongst Pacific peoples with the ability to work across various Pacific groups and a knowledge of primary health care will be an advantage within this position.
Mōu | About you
Please include in your application your motivation for applying and how your skills and experience would be a good fit for this role.
- A registered Mental Health Professional (In accordance with the HPCA Act) with a current practicing certificate, or you will be a Counsellor with Drug and Alcohol Practitioners' Association Aotearoa (DAAPNZ) registration.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience working with cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and/or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) or similar. (If you are in the final stage of completing your area of therapy study, we would consider your application).
- Have excellent skills in Mental Health Assessment and Brief Therapy.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work with a diverse client group.
- Be confident to build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate across the health and social service sector.
- Have a flexible, friendly, and professional “can-do” attitude which will be key to working effectively with clients, colleagues, and our community.
- Have New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Varied clinical work in a supportive workplace
- Professional development and ongoing training opportunities
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Remember to include your motivation for applying and how you met the requirements of the role.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as we are screening applications as we receive them.
The advert will remain open until we are able to fill the vacancy.
If you would like further information or a copy of the job description emailed directly please email email@example.com .
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.