Consultant Chelcea McCauley
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join an ever-growing business within the garment design and apparel industry.
About the Company:
A Kiwi owned business that prides itself on their garment design, manufacturing, sourcing, and distribution for many leading international brands. Global Velocity Group have been specialists in custom importing and management of apparel for the last 18 years.
At VMG Clohing they don’t just create lead edge uniforms, they build enduring client relationships through outstanding service and transparency.
About the role:
As Global Velocity Group enters an exciting growth stage, they are on the hunt for a Graphic Designer to join the VMG Clothing team. VMG Clothing specialises in high performance crew wear for the super yacht and marine based market.
This is an opportunity for an exceptionally creative and innovative designer to work on a wide range of projects.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing you will visualise and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals. If you have previous experience within graphic design and a keen interest in the apparel industry, then this could be the role for you.
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with the marketing team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation Assisting with the logistics, styling, and product preparation for photo shoots.
- Prepare folios for sales account managers when required
- Set up artwork for suppliers
- Research and develop new tools and ways to present and drive more sales
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of colour, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications
- Assist in creating range catalogues that will give clients the ‘wow’ factor.
- Helping with garment photography / presentation
- 5+ years’ experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, Photoshop, etc In-design
- Apparel experience highly desired
- Knowledge of Website layout and imaging
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
A fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to make that next step in their Design career within a truly supportive and caring team
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Chelcea McCauley on +64 9 3747316.