CORE Education Ltd
Location: Ōtautahi | Christchurch
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Opportunity to be creative and innovative
- Strong focus on te ao Māori graphic design
- Hands-on role working across multiple projects
CORE is a forward‐thinking, values‐driven organisation. We are proud of the culture we have created in our workplace, and the atmosphere that staff and visitors experience in our organisation.
At the heart of CORE’s values and practice is Tātai Aho Rau and commitment to our bicultural identity. Underpinning all practices are culturally responsible behaviours and attitudes including a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, through Te Aho Tapu, and working in partnership. Our vision is an equitable and thriving Aotearoa through learning, our mission is to transform communities by pushing the boundaries of educational possibility.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a savvy, creative designer with knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori, to join our Ōtautahi-based team.
Some key areas of responsibility will include:
- Creating design concepts and artwork, with a strong focus on te ao Māori design, for printed and electronic media.
- Understanding of, and experience with, Pacific design is desirable.
- Understanding and modelling a tuakana-teina approach to learning and supporting colleagues to design from a te ao Maori perspective.
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, working in partnership, and Te Aho Tapu.
- Commitment to modelling principles of Tātai Aho Rau and CORE’s values - manaakitanga, whānaungatanga, wairuatanga and kaitiakitanga.
Skills and experience
- Strong portfolio which demonstrates Māori design and illustration skills, particularly illustrations of people.
- Proven experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop software.
- Experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud software such as After Effects for animation, Premiere Pro for video is desirable.
- Google Drive suite (Docs, Slides) and Microsoft suite (Word and Powerpoint), web design.
- Exceptional creative flair and design with a high degree of accuracy, agility and attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a culturally responsive manner is a requirement.
How to apply
Please send your application to: email@example.com
For the Role Description and Application for Appointment form please go to the following link:
We will require a covering letter, CV and application for an appointment form.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.